Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/21-4/27 (Read 229 times)

Bugs

Yep. Keeps the world in balance. At least I know I can outrun those guys if I get a little bit of a head start.
    And they can carry me if I faint...OH I take that back. DocC3 carried me to the table and he's a runner. 25lbs is plenty. Smile
    Saw a little piece in Self magazine that said that female runners who log more than 20 miles per week and consume less than 30% of their calories from fat are more than twice as likely to be injured as other runners. I'm not even a girl and I went out and had a double cheeseburger just to make sure.
    The extra calcuim is good for injuries too! Did they save if it mattered what kind of fat? I hardly ever add fat to my food, there seems to be enough in it to hit 30%. I do feel better if I add an occasional tsp of olive oil to my veggies.

Bugs

evanflein

Funny about the guys at the gym. They always look surprised to see me in the weight room after doing 5 miles or so on the TM... then lift almost as much as they do. Some of the younger guys look pretty hurt to see an old lady lifting what they do... then they proceed to up the weights and outdo me. Hehe. Hope they don't get hurt. Wink Higa nailed taper right on the head! My biggie is avoiding sick people... and babies and little kids I don't know. And I'm a nut with hand washing. Must work, I haven't had to run a race sick in a long time! Was hoping to get out for 10 miles or so today, but my foot is bothering me a bit, and we have new snow (again!) and my marathon is past... so who cares! Heh. Me, that's who. I've become obsessive about getting a nice long run in every Sunday. Starting to drive me nuts. Hmmmm, kids have a scrimmage (against each other's teams!) today from 3-5, and I was thinking of running then, but actually I'd like to watch it so may either skip my run, or see if it warms up later to melt some snow and go out then. Or there's always the treadmill downstairs. Hmmmm 10 miles on the TM is one thing when I have to get a training run in for a goal race, but to just do it "just because" seems a little out there, even for me. *sigh* Welcome to my quandary. Made worse by the frustrating fact that all I have coming up for races in the next couple months is stupid 5k's and 10k's.... hmmmm. As I like to say, Rats. Hope the rest of you have more decisive runs today than I am facing!

Oh Mighty Wing

wait so they are saying there is not enough fat in their diet? Diet is always something I struggle with... I can't every tell if I'm eating enough. It's a double edge sword though because I don't know that I actually want to eat more to find out because I don't want to gain weight if I didn't need to eat more!
        Cashmason

Happy Dance! 1st in age group. currently 95 degrees and rising. End of race report.

Oh Mighty Wing

For you cash!! Now that's a happy dance!!
            Cashmason

Thanks Shan. Love the going out and eating a cheeseburger just to make sure comment Dave. Erika: "Starting to drive me nuts." Sorry hun, you went way past nuts years ago, not just starting now... wink.

Bugs

Cash, That's awesome. Great work. What was the prize? Erika, Was wondering if you ever get burned out. You've been going long for a long time. Take the day off. 4 miles 34:23. AVP 8:36. Felt good.

Bugs

Dave

Awesome, Cash. That's what I always think of with the happy dance. My wife and I used to do that at the airport when my inlaws left Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - Just so you know - this has been almost a year coming - we have tomato and pepper sprouts!!!! And two house plants - just for fun!! That's right i'm getting plant crazy! Dave - all you are missing is Woodstock!! (my favorite!)

Bugs

Dave you are so funny. I ate extra ice cream to avoid injury and help my shin split that likes to act up.

Bugs

Cashmason

Cash, That's awesome. Great work. What was the prize? A generic medal, with a face on it. No race name, no date. All the medals for 1st second and third looked exactly the same. At least the ribbon had the school colors on it.

Bugs

Cash, hardware beats ribbonware any day. Make sure and put the race and your time on a sticker, put on back of hardware. You old guys don't remember stuff as well. Smile See we can tease you too!

Bugs

Cashmason

Cash, hardware beats ribbonware any day. Make sure and put the race and your time on a sticker, put on back of hardware. You old guys don't remember stuff as well. Smile See we can tease you too!
                            Huh? Remember what? wink Oh I looked closer and its not a face, its people running biking and swimming. And first place had a small gold disc in the center, second silver disc and 3rd bronze center disc. My eyes are going along with my memory. Erika must be rubbing off on me. And Yes will have to put a piece of tape on the back with the date and the race on it.