Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/19 (Read 247 times)

Dave

Sounds like a tough race, Kimmie but it sounds like you went for it.  A marathon is a marathon.  Recover well.

7 fairly hard miles for me today.  1 mile warm up.  Intended to run 8 minute pace tempo miles and ended up in another progression run, pushing each mile a little faster down to 7:30 by mile 7.  

I was thinking of our marathoners the whole way and how much I would've liked to be out there today but the tempo run was a harsh reminder of how much fitness I've lost.  But it sure did feel good to be out there .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey Dave, I felt good and pushed my (unplanned) tempo run down into a progression run too -- I was a little inspired by thinking of the people who went out and ran MCM this morning -- specially the sick ones (Kimmie & skeeter anyway).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Any word on skeeter?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope you feel better soon, Kimmie.

Here's my race report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/76ac8f088af64712a3d3b3d8b8a74d70

Hey, congratulations on the hard swim, um, I mean, run, in that noreaster marathon.

evanflein

Good for you, Kimmie. I know you weren't going to be real happy with that time, but for finishing a marathon after how sick you've been and crummy you've felt, you did great. If there's any way you can rest up a bit and find a local "redemption" race, you should do that. You're ready to run, it just wasn't your day.

Or, screw all that and just be glad you're done for the time being, and set your sights on something later on. 

I didn't run today. I didn't work out. I went shopping for groceries and stuff and DH and I spent an amazing amount of money but got a tremendous amount of food and stuff. If the boys complain about there being no food in the house for the next 10 days or so, I think I'll have to beat them. Really.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I didn't run today. I didn't work out. I went shopping for groceries and stuff and DH and I spent an amazing amount of money but got a tremendous amount of food and stuff. If the boys complain about there being no food in the house for the next 10 days or so, I think I'll have to beat them. Really.

Ha, a great chuckle to start my day!  I see low 50s and am wearing a long-sleeve shirt to run in for the first time this season I think.

Ringmaster

Kimmie, I was thinking of you all day. Whew, what a race. I'm so inspired by anyone who keeps running in conditions like that--hey, it's what finisher's medals are given for--a marathon is a beast! Congratulations on having the endurance and grit to finish!

Long intervals today--the first two felt impossibly difficult but the last two much easier, though the pace was actually faster. Wish running made more sense sometimes.

Low 50s, wow. . . . our highs are back in the 80s . . . in case anyone wants a warm-weather race anytime soon . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile