Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/6-1/12 (Read 387 times)

When is the wedding Shan? I know you probably told us..but I dont see it. And early Congrats! didnt run yesterday. My knee had been feeling gimpy, so I decided to pass on the 3 miler...Thought taking a break and not going 5 days in a row would be good. But I did run 6 instead of the planned 5 tonight on the trail. I love running in the dark in the woods. Although there was a mystery animal running with me off the side of the trail for a bit. 9 first thing tomorrow with my buddy who is running the Flying Pig as his first. We are going to try to do most of our long runs together. We run pretty much the same pace..at least at middle-long distances. Everyone have good--injury free-weekends!
    evanflein

4 miles at EZ pace tonight, threw in some .1 mile "striders" at 8 mph in the last mile. Felt good. Early haircut appt tomorrow, then I'll hit the gym to run on their treadmills with TV's and other humans. I think that'll be good for me... High temp forecast for tomorrow is -20.....

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - Feb 20th. I can't wait!!!!! Getting very close now!
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs - PBD - hehehe. Shan - Big day's coming up! That's so awesome! I wish you two a life time of happiness together. All this talk of shoes has given me the itch. Mine are on their last legs. I think I got 2, maybe 3 weeks left in these - Best pair of free shoes I ever got! Toough run this morning. A bit of time off, some inconsistent holiday training and all of those holiday nutrition snafus seem to have caught up with me. Did 13 nice and slow and it was still pretty hard. It was one of those workouts that was great, but only because I got out there and did it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - that's right at least you got out there! and don't worry about holiday inconsistency's they happen. Remember it is not the falling that's the problem it's when we fail to get back up! And thank you for the well wishes we are very excited!

Dave

Just about 6 weeks away, Shan. Very exciting. Lets see. Unsolicited advice. Tequila shots the night before .... bad idea. To this day, DW insists that I don't remember the actual ceremony. I remained standing throughout and that was probably an achievement Blush Went out this morning for my first run ever with my wife. She's been treadmilling and did her first run outside ever this past week. Just under 4 miles in 45 minutes. It was a good "recovery jog" pace for me and I needed it. My hamstrings are still shredded from Thursday's crossfit. Ugh.. I'm proud of her. She still doesn't want to sign up for a 5K yet (although she's gone that far twice now). I think she's starting to get hooked though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

WTH, no one wondering how Bugs raced? Where's the love? I got a metal. Smile

Bugs

Dave

WTH, no one wondering how Bugs raced? Where's the love? I got a metal. Smile
                  What can I say? I'm a guy. I care, I care Tongue Tongue I looked at your log but I won't spill the beans. Fantastic effort though. 12K has to be an unbelievably painful distance. Sort of like a 10K with an extra 2K for extra punishment.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Thanks Dgb, It was a good run. I feel like I could have pushed myself a little harder had there been one more female up ahead within reach. But it was a good run & got a new decoration for my exercise room.

Bugs

Cashmason

Way to go Bugs! Very nice to come home with a medal. You are fookin nuts to race in that cold. We want a photo of you in those pants that make you hawt. Sorry didn't post earlier, but just got home from a ride. Skunk Stripe, you cut you hair? Are you looking to go Kojack on us? tease. 36.82 miles on the bike with the tri club today. Elevation Gain 4,544 Elevation Loss 4,529 Net Elevation Change 15 Grade Average (%) Maximum (%) Overall Grade 0.0 -- Ascent Grade 4.8 25.1 Descent Grade -4.7 -23.7 Relevant Data Start Elevation (ft): 221 Finish Elevation (ft): 236 Min. Elevation (ft): 160 Max. Elevation (ft): 1,474
                      evanflein

Way to go Ms Bugs! That's awesome, especially since you've had such a tough time last fall and this winter.... I'm glad you didn't push harder, probably would've just ended up getting hurt! What was your placing? How was the weather? Ice or snow? Details, dear! Goodness, the whole race report concept has sort of fallen apart around here! Wink MrI, good thing you're getting back out there. Yes, the holidays are hard, but they're over. Time to get back to it. Shan... very exciting! And yes, that's good advice about skipping the tequila beforehand. Easy on the boilermakers, too, ok? Murphy, hope the knee is better. I think not going 5 days in a row is a good call. I don't like rest days (I eat too much!) but my legs sure do. Dave, how cool is that to get your wife running? My dh dabbles in it every now and then. But he always just jumps in and overdoes it, gets sore or hurt, and quits. Then it's ages till he does anything again! He ran about 5k on the new treadmill when we first got it, made all sorts of plans about doing it more, and hasn't done anything since. I hope she does a 5k this spring... -29F this morning here kids. After my haircut I went to the nicer gym than I used to go to all the time. Much better equipment (newer) and cleaner... 7 miles with 4 @ MP, walked a mile, and did 30 minutes of superset weights on both nautilus and free weights. Ahhh, that's better! Tomorrow is my last "long" run before Carlsbad but it's only going to be 10-12. Since the weather isn't supposed to be much better, I'm sure it's another treadmill run... so probably 10 will be the max! ETA: No Kojak action, Cash. Just a trim. Gotta get my hair out of my eyes...! Looking forward to seeing you next week. Remind me to slap you.

Bugs

Erika, Sorry maybe I am out of practice. 15F, with some wind and light snow. I thought the weather was fine, some people thought it was windy but I didn't think it was so much. Not sure about placement as the results were just posted and I had to catch the bus back. I forgot to say, NO ONE passed me in this race. Smile Oh and I know you would have ran the 7.4 back Smile The girl that won it ran two sets of 6 mile runs the day before at a 5:00 min pace. It was a recovery run for her today. She'll be at the olympic trials at Boston this April. Ya, a little out of my league Big grin Funny thing is I ran slower this year but feel better about how I did this year. I have pictures, but don't have the hookup for my camera here. Sad

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - honestly wasn't expecting you back till tomorrow! so i'm glad to know i wasn't wrong it is a weekend away... just didn't think about you bringing your computer... silly me you are a comp. geek Tongue On wedding advice: warned DF that he can NOT be hung over or still drunk on our wedding day!!! thankfully we will be in the bahama's together and with very few friends to talk him into drinking his face off... not so big of a problem for me... well that may not be true... if they have banana/chocolate slushies with rum I might be dangerous!!

Bugs

Shan, We are roughing it this weekend, only one computer. I second the no alchohl the night before and limited day of. DH passed out the night before, wedding party painted his nails pink. I married a man with pink toel nails. Shocked The thing is, he looks tired in all our wedding pictures. Also be careful taking pictures on your honeymoon. It's a long story involving bubble bath and mirrors, but we got a bunch of pictures, he's in the mirror taking the photo butt naked. Cash, Pictures will come for the pants, but PBD you will have to take my word. Smile Groov, crap that's an expensive jacket. Mine keeps me warm, but is not as flexiable as I'd like. Only $40. Back to data entry, logging 2006 into runningahead.com

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

bugs where is your 2006 stuff stored that you couldn't import it? i just hope i remember to take pictures! I'm not so good at that.