Marathon Trainers

10/6-10/12 (Read 276 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs: Nice job, period. You had some bad conditions out there and haven't been feeling well. You pulled through with a great performance. I'm almost embarassed to even say this considering what some others have been through this weekend, but I'm amazed at just how much a well run 5k can take out of my legs. I ran a 30 min recovery run and ran for an hour this morning. My legs are quite tired. Ok, done whining for now. How's everyone doing this morning?

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - take it easy on those legs they performed well for you! Smile Erica - oh man that sounds like AWESOME weather! (not really) Glad you were able to persevere through your run. Bugs - oh yeah do another one!!!

Bugs

Inertia, I'm so happy for you on the 5K. Now you know exactly the effort to put into a 5K everytime. I think I stuggle more with 10Ks, don't push myself hard enough. Shan, Easy for you to say! Smile Erika, The only marathon here within driving distance is the 12th or the 19th. Is the 19th too soon? What do you think the date for marathon #4 would be? I'm not sure how my legs, they are no sore than when I ran 23 miles in August. My hipflexors are tight and I'm getting a massage today.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

hehehe Bugs you are right - it is easy for me to say! But that's why I thought I would chime in and help - I have no voice of saftey and recovery on this one!
            Just realized I didn't post at all last week and it was one of the more eventful weeks I can remember. Great job on the races everyone. Bugs - I can't imagine running that far in those conditions. I ran a 10k once in similar, but it was forecasted (meaning I had the right clothes), and can't fathom another 3 hours in it. Good luck on the "next marathon" decision. Mr. I - Contrats on the PR, must feel great to know you didn't leave any seconds out there. Dave - Great job on the 10-miler and huge improvement from last year. I didn't have the best weekend running. Been hitting all of my during-the-week miles, but this weekend just didn't happen. Allergies are killing me and I only made 2.5 of my planned 20 this weekend. Couldn't stop coughing, which is no way to do a LR. My last 20+ was going to be in 2 weeks (4 weeks from race day), but think I'll change it. I liked having my last 20 3 weeks out last time, but there's a big 15k that weekend. So, think I'll do 20 next weekend (5 weeks out), 12-15 the next weekend, and turn my 15k into a 20 miler (3 weeks out). I'll try for 6-8 before the race, then 15k, then whatever else I have in the tank, hopefully enough to get to 20. It's rainy today, sure hope I can run in it. Was going to run at lunch, but then someone scheduled an 11:30 meeting. What is this place? Work!?! -Brian
              Registration: Nationwide Better Health Columbus Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, Corporate Wellness 5K & Red Nose Run Purchase Date: 10/06/08 Category: Marathon Event Date: 10/19/08 Name: Derek Murphy hehhe. Im an idiot.

Dave

Dude! Way to get out there, Murph. Dude... Bugs, I don't know if its "too soon" but its certainly soon. You could go right into another taper and run though. 4.4 easy this AM on tweaky legs. Probably need a day off to rest them. I'll see how they feel tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Finally! Official results: http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadr...39;S%20BIN.HTM AG: 5/12 Overall: 60/203 That's...not back of the pack!
                  Kimmie

Are those your 5K results Mr.I? Great job. Ran a short hill work out today. needed to do more but I think I may have overdone it on Friday. Probably running 20 hard on Sunday and then 18.5 on Friday was not a good idea. Nothing's broken ..... just feeling blah and achey. Dave, better to listen to your body. You ran hard yesterday. Everyone's different, but I always take the day off after a hard long race. Bugs, I think you should see how you feel later this week and then decide if you want to do another in a few weeks. I think the 12th is too soon, but what do i know? Smile I do know that some in my running group have run their best marathon times within three weeks of each other.

Oh Mighty Wing

getting ready to go to the dog park but wanted to say Mr I - that is most definately upper mid pack!!! ok... off to dog park - then gonna get a run in... I had a big revelation over the weekend. It's time..
                      evanflein

Bugs, the 12th is probably too soon. But the 19th would be something you could try... That would be the 5th as a long hard run, then a two-week recovery/taper, then go again. One more week would probably be better, but if you're not injured and recover well... why not? Mr I, nice results. Murphy, the world needs more idiots. We're glad we have you! Big grin Good luck on that, what are your goals if you care to share? No run for me today. Leaving Saturday morning for another conference and really feeling stressed about all the "to do" crap I still have at home...

Oh Mighty Wing

1.03 miles, too fast, but SOOOO over due... I logged it as paste because my legs fell into their all to familiar stride, but my lungs apparently had time to forget what that was like... I can't WAIT for tomorrow!! MTA: Murphy - You are in good company - so I hear anyway! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Bugs

Bugs, the 12th is probably too soon. But the 19th would be something you could try... That would be the 5th as a long hard run, then a two-week recovery/taper, then go again. One more week would probably be better, but if you're not injured and recover well... why not?
                            Because I have not forgotten the pain of yesterday yet. It may put my husband over the edge, that or I'd have to go it alone, which I would hate. The course is hilly. Now TCM is considered hilly, I don't think is anything bad at all. Murphy- Are you sure you're not 20? It just seems like something somebody very young would do. I hope it goes well for you. If only we could combine your bravery and my base.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy- Are you sure you're not 20? It just seems like something somebody very young would do. I hope it goes well for you. If only we could combine your bravery and my base.
                              umm I do not resemble this remark!

Bugs

umm I do not resemble this remark!
                                It's more like a 20 year old male thing to do. Us girls know we are breakable.

Bugs