Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/19/2010 (Read 167 times)

Happy Camper

Hey Perry, have  you tried some S-caps or E-caps?  I bet you've acclimated  to the temps as much as you're going to by now.  I sweat like a fiend out there now.  I don't always take them but find I do  benefit from them during some runs.  Whenever I run with someone else it ends up being faster than I would  go if alone.  I used  them at Kirksville and ran pretty strong for me.  Full sun can take it out of you but I wonder if some of the afterglow you're getting is due in  part  to being low on electrolytes?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I still haven't gotten to trying those, although Lou has reminded me several times. I like the cliff shot blocks, and intended to bring them today, but forgot.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, I guess that's a possibility, although if just sunburn gives a headache as well, without all the sweat depletion, there might be something else going on.

3.25 miles @ HP  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill and then did some weights.

Still having a hard time figuring out how much I should do in regards to running and working out-  The during feels fine, but after- some discomfort.....not sure how much is normal and OK....

Hope you're enjoying your trip, Lou.   I think I told you that we lived in Mountain View for a year and loved it there.