Marathon Trainers

10/13-10/20 (Read 248 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs - LOVE the new avatar. 1 hour run this morning with little aches and tightness that come with a big bump in mileage/intensity. I'll be taking it a little easy this week. I hate doing that.

Dave

Happy Columbus Day, everyone. MrI, nothing wrong with an easier week. Its those big skipped weeks that get me in trouble. You'll notice my mileage has been all over the map lately. Mileage never goes in a straight line. Except for those freaks in the 2000 mile club. Bugs, I hope you know I was just kidding you about Nobby wanting to date you. It would be really cool to get coached by someone of his credentials. I was so pleased when I saw him make the transition over here from CR. And your avatar is disturbing. Columbus Day means a federal holiday so I'm off work. Will likely get an easy 6 in today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

The new avatar is because my legs hurt.

Bugs

Bugs

One of my running friends had a death in her family. She's really trying to eat healthy. I want to bring some food to her house. What would you bring?

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, I 'm with Dave... a little disturbing. Food for your friend? fruit salad, grilled chicken with some mashed sweet potatoes? I wrote about my ice bath... well, my legs feel great BUT I woke up Sunday and today with searing pain through my shoulders and upper back. It actually hurts to type this right now. Smile So, I'm thinking that I must have held my arms too high during my 16 miler and then maybe tensed up too much DURING the ice bath? because it was so cold? I don't know.. but I'm an idiot. I'm going to the chiro later today to get it fixed. I ran 5 miles this morning to try to loosen it up. It was painful and didn't seem to help. Ugh! Did I mention that I'm an idiot? Tongue

Dave

One of my running friends had a death in her family. She's really trying to eat healthy. I want to bring some food to her house. What would you bring?
              How about a low fat vegetable lasagne? Maybe a big grilled chicken salad?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Better avatar? See what happens with my creative energy when I don't run. I'm not sure what to brink. When someone dies in my family we drink copious amounts of alchohl. Kimmie, Massage? My TMJ goes into my shoulders and it's what I have to do to fix it. I've tried various stretching, ya massage is better.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - sorry to hear about your shoulders! Bugs - I saw chicken devine - chicken, brocolli, cream of cheddar/mushroom, bread crumbs. mmmmmm

Bugs

OK Here it is: Chicken Cordon Blue Mixed Vegetables Rice Bread Chocolate Oatmeal Bars Something to drink??? I thought this would be something the kids would eat, and she could pick and choose whatever works for her diet, which IMO can take a vacation for a week.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I think that sounds wonderful!!

Bugs

I think that sounds wonderful!!
                        It's very good. Easy to freeze or reheat later too. Plus I made a ham this weekend so I'm ready to stuff chicken. But I'm good to my running girlfriends. I was suppose to watch her kids this weekend because she had a race. Maybe I'll run her race and give her her shirt instead.

Bugs

Bugs..I liked the last Avatar--or I guess the 2nd to last avatar--that was a great picture. I think you made the right decision bugs..I know if you ran youd run it hard--and maybe risk some long term down time. Me, on the other hand...Got 12 miles in last night. Ran/walked them. Averaged 11:40 mm. Actually got faster as I went. Cardio-wise I felt perfect. I was not breathing heavy at any point. The first 6 miles were fantastic. I felt like I could go forever. My legs were starting to feel it just a bit around mile 10. I think I could have gone at that pace for quite awhile. The mystery that I will find out Sunday is can I either (a) Run/walk at an 11:25 minute pace or less and keep it up throughout the race or (b) Run/walk my current pace and go to an all out run at some point to get under my 5 hour goal?

Oh Mighty Wing

only a mile - grumble! More tomorrow! I didn't have lunch today so I needed to come home and eat after work. Then it was straight to the dog park before my friend comes over. By the time we were done at the dog park both Tater and I were worn out. And so I laid down and then forced myself out for a quick run. now I only have 15 minutes to get ready...

Dave

Murph, sounds like that run/walk thing is working great! Either way (option a or b) and you'll have a good race. Shan, 1 is better than 0 but you've clearly got 4 or 5 easy in you if you get your head in the right place. I forced myself out the door this afternoon for what I thought would be 4. My legs were SCREAMING at me when when I started. I got a look at my shadow and I looked like I was sort of run/limping. I kept going. By about mile 2, things were feeling unbelievably better. I extended my run out to 6.4. More miles this week already than all of last week (including the race). Lesson learned for me was that sometimes its better to go out and run and make a decision on distance after 2 miles. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Murphy, Thanks, I either ran it hard or the yoga I did this week was too much. Great work on the 12 miler. Sounds like you've got a good race strategy for this one. Dave, That first 2 miles doesn't sound very good. I sure hope you keep icing whatever is screaming. My upper body was complaining today. I'm thinking 30 minutes easy tonight, followed by an ice bath. That's kind of scary when you feel so achy you're looking forward to an ice bath.

Bugs