Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/24 (Read 262 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

150 is sweet!

Dave - sorry your weekend wasn't what you would have hoped.

Lou - nice run! And you know what you need to do what you need to do. If going on the meds will make you feel better and doesn't present any negative issues then I say do it.

Got a very nice 5miler yesterday. I'm feeling good, but I stayed up a little too late... stupid TV. The adjustment back to school is always an interesting one...

theyapper

On the road again...

Those are some nice times on that 11 miler, Lou.

An easy 4 miles for me.  Our organization is throwing a block party for local youth on Saturday so my running this week gives me lots of time to plan and prepare.  Estimated crowd could be close to 1,000.  I sure hope so!

Run well, everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

150 miles is awesome! 

In the middle of a downturn here, for the first time in a while (probably almost two years), I just don't have much desire to run, so I'm taking a couple of weeks really easy.  Kind of disgusted that it decided to rear its ugly head now, but I really don't have many goals right now, so a few weeks at 30-40 mpw isn't probably going to kill me.  It'll certainly slow down the push to 2000, but that's ok if I don't get there until Sept 1, rather than tomorrow.

Jeremy - I feel your pain.  I'm going through a similar slump.

Unfortunately I have two marathons planned for October, and I will be damned if PDR will get to marathon maniacs and I don't Smile

I've decided to pull back on the speedwork for now, but if I didn't have these races planned I'd probably drop back on the mileage as well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

VERY COOL about your monthly milage Paul! 150 is nothing to sneeze at!  Oh a block party can I come?????? Sounds like a fun weekend!! Happy running Paul Smile

Sorry to hear this Jeremey however it happens to the best of us. BTW Happy EARLY Birthday!!! 

Nice run this morning Lou! For some reason I thought you were already a maniac.

Shan I LOVE school time lol, course that's cause my kids go back and my running gets more focus. I've been staying up late too however I've also been getting up (well not today) after 9 am for the past week or so. Got 1 and a half weeks left to do that  and believe me I'm taking advantage of that

Well I got in a nice 5.5 miles in last night despite my upper body not being happy. I'm still sore today however nothing like yesterday. My chest was probably the worst during my run. I'm thinking of running 12-14 tonight depending on if Ken gets home on time and my upper body doesn't lead a revolt on me.

HAPPY HUMPDAY EVERYONE!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice run this morning Lou! For some reason I thought you were already a maniac.

Not yet.  Two a year doesn't cut it.  We're going for the easiest, at the bronze level.  I have discussed this with Erika and she thinks this is too easy, but luckly she doesn't make the rules Smile

Copied from http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/criteria.html

2. 2 Marathons in 3 weeks (2 Marathons within a 16 day time frame).

that's ok I did it even easier (3 within 90 days) course I had no idea about maniacs at the time. I have Trent to thank for pointing me to them AFTERWARDS.  I don't know about you but to me it's what I am  not what I do (if that makes sense lol)  I'm content with 1 star. I'm a maniac even without the star lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yeah I think you may be right that may be easier -- they can be almost 6 weeks apart.  But I'm not sure -- I'll let you know in october

In any case I'm not going to do the experiment (do both 2 16 days apart, and 3 90 days apart) so I won't know which is easier.

Smile

Hmm.  This is at the iridium level (4 stars):

3. 2 Marathons in 2 days (or 48 hours) must finish both races!

I wonder if 100 miler ultra counts as "2 marathons"?

Hi everybody!! Hope all is well. Been keeping up with a few of you on FB..hope everyone else is doing well.

We are expecting our new arrival next week. Due date is September 5th officially, but mom goes in on Monday, and they will induce her later in the week--assuming she hasnt gone before then. We are ridiculously excited--and cant wait.

Havent ran since the Pig in May. That was a horrible experience--and I got caught up by all the projects, and otherwise being lazy.

Yesterday I found out they are doing a Biggest Loser contest at work. From now to November 19th. I joined, and weighed in at 205!!. Granted I was fully clothed, but Im closer to my pre-running weight, than my lowest. So, I am freshly motivated--and will find the time to get the runs in. I am basically going to start from scratch, and work up slow--and do other exercising to help lose the weight. Winner will get over $500, and I have no intentions of not winning. No thoughts or desire for a marathon yet. Getting back to the Pig and killing it would be nice--but right now I just want to get in better shape.

WRFB, I am a bronze maniac. 3 in 3 months. I think it just has to be over 90 days. I did that twice with Air Force, Columbus, and Vegas.

I think everyone is a maniac except me Smile

Recovery run: 3.1 miles, 29:46, 9:28/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Dave

I think everyone is a maniac except me Smile

Recovery run: 3.1 miles, 29:46, 9:28/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

That is only correct if you read it a certain way .  I'm certainly not either.

Hoping to get a run in today.  Tomorrow morning is an "Organization Day" 5K that is actually almost 6K.  I'll race it and see how it goes.  Not expecting much.  

Then I'm hopping onto a plane and flying to Ft. Benning Georgia for the week.  I should be able to run there in the evenings but it will be HOT.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Jeremy and Lou - slumps are hard. I know mine lasted 2 months... I think the hard thing with slumps is figuring out how to run enough to keep you going but not so much that you totally burn out. But I know you both will see the other side!!

Lou - Yeah for you and PDR going for maniac status!!!!

MURPHY!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!! you must be so excited!!!

Dave - hope you get your run in!

only 5.5 yesterday - it was supposed to be 6-7... I had to guestimate as my gps acted up. I was apparently running MUCH slower than I thought I was... which is odd... I might recheck that distance today.

Rest day today.

murphy - I forgot to add how excited I am for your pending new arrival.  Can't wait to see the pictures!

theyapper

On the road again...

Rest day for me, too.  It seems that I may be the last of the group to become a maniac (well, marathon maniac).

Good to hear from Murphy!  Hope things continue to  go well for you.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Welcome back Murphy! 

Nice 6-miler this morning for me with DD.  Recovery is going well.  We traveled down to the In-laws last night.  I will have the honor of standing up with my FIL  friday evening as he renews wedding vows with MIL and they celebrate 50 years of marriage togather. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.