Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/20/2010 Merry Christmas Edition (Read 328 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

p2r: Hopefully it will linger until after the snow and cold have left.

Doubled today. But went longer in the second outing than planned (9 vs 3), and wound up in bed napping at 8PM. Woke up cold and hungry, so I knew that meant food was on the immediate agenda.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

I wish I had time to speak to everyone's post, but I am hopping in the shower in a few minutes to go be at the school all day today for Christmas parties.  Smile   I hear ya, Bugs.    Wow, certainly glad you're Ok.  I say next year, we plan a winter getaway to the Carribbean!!

I had a great run with my group last night.   It's amazing how if I'm running alone, I will walk on the icy spots, but running with others, they just run over them, no problem, so I do too.   And no one ever slips.   I do like how it works more muscles to keep you upright.  Smile

Merry Christmas to you , too, Paul  and everyone at Team Blister!    Even Dave, who never posts any more....... Sad     

Bugs

Perryy, you're my hero! You need to feed that hungry body, it is working hard.

Funny Kim, I ran with a group last night too. It was a run that I planned last year and another girl did this year, accept man was her route nuts. The sidewalks were not plowed and people were forced to run in traffic, very dangerous. But her bar she picked was more fun than my coffee shop afterwards.

I can handle running on ice, with screw shoes it is not that different from dry ground, but this snow sucks. Ran 6 this morning at a 9:50 pace. I swear for every step we took we lost 6 inches.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

A little over 5.5 today.  Nice and easy.  After yesterday's tempo run, I really enjoyed this one.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'm glad the weather here is more temperate -- must be tough for you folks up north.

10 @ 8:19 this morning.  A bit windy, but at least it was warmer than it's been (29° )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Bummed that I didn't get a run in last night.   I really wish I hadn't given away that treadmill.... it would be super convenient for those times when it's dark and I don't feel safe to run alone, or the kids, etc.....    but we just don't have space for it, so it is what it is.

going out soon for 6 miles....

Merry Christmas Paul and ALL OF TEAM BLISTER!!!

Nice run Lou! Like you it's been a tad warmer here though still windy. Ended up doing a double today. 4.2 with Ken and 12 after lunch.  Went to the parkway where I don't have to think all that much (since it's just a loop) and found my zone. Love runs like today's!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bummed that I didn't get a run in last night.   I really wish I hadn't given away that treadmill.... it would be super convenient for those times when it's dark and I don't feel safe to run alone, or the kids, etc.....    but we just don't have space for it, so it is what it is.

going out soon for 6 miles....

Here ya with the treadmill. I have one however it needs a part and has needed that part for 3 years lol (it's only like 30 bucks)

Hope you have a great run today Kimmie!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Little bummed about not getting to run today.  Woke up with some lower back pain and it never really loosened up, so.....I'm still 2.5 miles away from the 1500 mile mark for 2010.  Hopefully tomorrow.

Paul

evanflein

So my last couple of runs have been on the indoor track at the student rec center. They say it's 1/8 mile track, but... doing 8 laps at my regular GA pace comes to.. what... 9:15 pace? WTF? I don't think so... Either that track is longer than stated, or their clock is fast. Anyhow, I did about 3.5 yesterday (Wednesday) and 4.25 today. Followed up today's run with the best weight workout I've done in a long time. Nice, but my legs will be sore tomorrow I bet!

Still waiting for the belt lube to show up for my treadmill. It was supposed to get here today, but now I think it'll be tomorrow.

theyapper

On the road again...

4 miles this morning put me over 1500 for the year.  I'm happy, even though when I went to my summary page I couldn't help but notice that my marathon bar was flippin' me off.  The marathon is hard enough without having it's graphical counterpart mocking me, too.  Big grin

MTA: had to make the image show

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Mine is doing that to me too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

heh, funny, Paul

I don't think anything is showing up tomorrow, Erika

4.8 for me today -- ran with the company running group.  to a pub.  big cheese picked up the drink tab.  nice.  ran back through the woods.  don't worry, we found our way back

merry christmas, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Merry Christmas to all!  10-miles on the snow covered Bear Creek Trail with my daughter"s siberian husky, Sammie.  Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

Merry Christmas all.

7 Miles with Mutt Mutt and 3/4 of a mile with Charlie.