Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/25/2011 (Read 305 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

What's the deal?  I post that I ran 5 miles and Gen follows it with a post saying "blah, blah another 5 miles?"  Meanie. Wink

I did 4 today.  Struggling to find my warm weather running.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

haha, yeah as soon as I hit Post I thought 'boy I hope he doesn't think I was saying his miles weren't enough!'

don't take my whining tooo literally, I'm sure the back to back snickers bars that I gobbled up didn't help my energy levels much.

Hail to The Victors!

12 today.  Got my weekly long run on friday with Things Going On this weekend.  Felt really good.  Ran in some of the few neighborhoods in Ann Arbor that I hadn't run through yet. Really pretty houses, they would have been prettier, but waaaay too close together for my comfort, you could hand your neighbor a cup of sugar through the window in most of them, and not leave your kitchen!

AG, just go find a 5K and rock it!  Sometimes running fast in a race situation can cure all ills, especially after a marathon taper!

funny, I have one next weekend - corporate challenge.

Looking to buy a house right now and am so put off by houses close together.  I don't want to bbq out back and accidentally drop a steak on my neighbor's foot. 

theyapper

On the road again...

Move next to me and I'll be happy to eat any steak you drop.  Steak is always good.

Nice break in the weather here and I took advantage of it.  13.1 miles with a 20° temp swing during the run (43° to 63°Wink.  Longest run since DC, and I can tell me endurance is off.  I did find a good kick for that last tenth, though, with a sprint in the 6:40ish range.

Paul

Nice finish, Paul!

Speaking of 5Ks I ran 21:20 this morning -- good enough for 2nd place in the 50-59 AG (out of 7, I think, and 11th overall out of about 100).  Harriet took 1st in her division.

This was my 4th best out of 10 5Ks, but the top three were all at the same course, which is substantially flatter, so it's all good.  I was happy to close and beat a member of my club who is in my AG beating him by 4 seconds -- there were only 20 seconds separating the 3 top finishers in my division.

3.1 miles, 21:20, 6:52/mi, AHR 179 (87% MHR)

all splits:
                1 - 6:58(163)
                2 - 7:02(175)
                3 - 6:44(181)
                4 - 0:35(200) [0.11=5:27]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats Paul on the great fast finish long run, and Lou & Harriet on the strong 5K wins.

I checked out a copy of Pfitzinger from library today, and have started reading it -- I may or may not get bored and forget about it, but maybe I'll learn something -- already, I think I've learned that I should run more at LT (1-hour race pace).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Pfitzinger was the first running book I read, I think.  I'm interested in what you think.

Ran 3 in my new vibram five fingers this morning, then another 7.  I like them, although running in them does exercise different muscles, I think.  My shoes felt like heavy pillows for the remaining miles.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Heavy pillows huh?

I'm not sure I'm ready for vibrams.  

7 "easy" for me tonight.  Easy meant around 8:45 average pace and I'm certain I'll pay for it with sore legs tomorrow.  Flying out tomorrow evening to Raleigh (Paul are you around there?) then a bunch of driving before I end up back in DC later in the week.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like the idea of trying vibrams, but haven't worked up the courage to do so.

Congrats to Pam on a PR -- yesterday? I saw her race result post elsewhere.

And, Dave, good job on getting out there for 7mi.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also just finished my 7th consecutive day of doing something fast every day. I am aware that is not the recommended practice, but as I just make up all my training with at least part of the goal being to have fun, I'm okay with it -- they've mostly been doing workouts with other people, and only a couple were nearly as hard as I could go.

theyapper

On the road again...

Flying out tomorrow evening to Raleigh (Paul are you around there?) then a bunch of driving before I end up back in DC later in the week.

I'm about 2.5 hours from the Raleigh area.

Paul