Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/3 (Read 246 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Quick check in.  Good to hear from you, Mr. I, and hope things continue to get better.

Did 5 miles early this morning but just now got in here to post about it.  I've noticed the last 3 or 4 weeks that my mid-week long runs have naturally turned into progressive runs.  It's been cool to not pay attention to pace during the run and get back and see negative splits.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I think that means you're running the right pace, yapper

Sorry for the cross-post from masters:

Lazy 4 mile tempo -- 7 on the schedule but I haven't been hitting my targets.  In any case, I wanted to make sure I finished the planned 12 because right now I'm looking more for endurance than speed.

12.1 miles, 1:42:32, 8:28/mi, AHR 161 (83% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 2@8:54(139), 4@7:43(163), 6.10@8:50(163)

Baby watch continues...  I'd like to say we're all packed but we're not.  I'm starting to get anxious about that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good luck on your race this weekend MR. I!! Glad to hear things are improving!

I AM SICK ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I RARELY catch anything that's going around in the house however dh gave me his summer cold. Needless to say I feel like crap. I can't breath, everything taste gross and my teeth hurt as well as my bones. I think after I drop the twins off at camp I'm gonna come home, talk a half dose of nyquil (did that last night) and hit the sheets.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

No time to catch up but will at least post an update.

Took an intentional day off on Monday with the plan to run Tuesday.  Didn't get out of the office until 9PM so that was out the window.  May not get out today either.  Lesson learned.  Make hay while the sun shines.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

<psst>  Dave -- the secret is to run in the mornings Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey all! I got 5 miles in today so far. Man was it hot and I didn't carry water. That was just silly!

Mr. I - HHHII!!!!! Glad to hear things are on the upward slope!

Lou - nice run!

Pam - sorry to hear you are sick! I hope you get well in the next day or so!

Dave - that is a lesson I've learned many times!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I did 10 on the track, and Crystal wasn't with me, so I not only didn't have water during it, but I didn't have water after it (usually she brings extra to give to me) -- after I was done, someone told me where there was a faucet that was working, so I hiked out to a field to get to that faucet. I was still very thirsty after that though. I gotta remember to at least bring water in the car.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hey, Perry and Pam - I just checked the 2000 forum -- congrats on getting your 2000 already!  Wow, Pam, you're a beast!  You, too, Perry (#1 and #3 respectively in the mileage standings).  (MTA: oops, #10 and #12 because they remove people from the search when they've surpassed 2000 -- still...)

3.1 miles, 29:02, 9:16/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

<tap> <tap>

Is this thing on?

CONGRATS PERRY!!!!! WTG!

Thanks Lou!!

I'm here but still feeling like crap, though better than yesterday. Been busy trying to get things packed for this weekend. I probably won't run tonight. Plan is nyquil tonight, sudefed tomorrow try to run. If  the Sudefed doesn't make me loopy and I am able to run I'll be taking some Saturday if needed. This cold has really dampened things a bit. I'm still super excited however my normal nervousness isn't around *weird*

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

too funny Lou...

I've been having a blast painting for the last 4 days.  Probably should be done by now, but I keep changing my mind on little details.  I haven't run since Monday... kind of like Dave, I intentionally took the day off on Tuesday and then yesterday, the day got away from me.  intervals tonight.

hope you feel better Pam!!!

Sorry you're feeling poorly, Pam.  Hopefully that goes away soon.

Kimmie, I have done my best to maintain my reputation as an incompetent painter.  So far, so good.

Kimmie

lou,  you're quickly turning into my favorite person.  Smile   i said I was having fun painting, and I was... but right before I was supposed to go out to run, I started getting frustrated with "alien green" on the wall.  i'll post pics on FB.

Anyway-  a good, hard track workout was just what I needed.  One thing that amazes me is how I'm able to run fast even when I'm dog tired.  Every time, I'm surprised.  My back has been feeling the painting and the cleaning and the moving of the furniture.  But, intervals tonight were not too shabby.  2400 in 11:41, 1600- 7:30, 1200-5:30

i have a 20K race on Sunday and it's supposed to be hot.  I'm trying to think of a good goal.

Hope everybody else is doing well.

Erika, hanging in there with the smoke?

Dave

<tap> <tap>

Is this thing on?

I would comment but I know I'm part of the problem.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Cool tumbleweeds.

Had a great run tonight -- got there early meaning to warm up a mile or two before the others got there -- but they were late and I got 5mi warmup in (8min/mi). Then ran 10mi with them at a tempo pace for me. I think that is really the first slow/tempo run I've managed to do -- always wanted to do one. But couldn't even bring myself to do it by myself -- but it felt great doing it running with others.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.