Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Kimmie

Nice running everyone! Going on day 5 with no running for me.... can't decide if today might be the day to run... i feel so much better. If I do run, not sure how far I will go.... I will let you know... Bugs, you out there??? Smile I think it was a smart decision to not go do that race.
      Nice run Lou!!! Kimmie, if you feel up to running I don't see any reason not too. Just go out and enjoy. If not there's always tomorrow! 18.55 miles today in 2:43:33 average pace 8:59. Awesome run today. Ken, twins and our dog Kallie suprised me around my half way mark to bring me some water. It was nice. With it being so cold I've been wearing my heavy gloves which doesn't work well when you want to carry a water bottle (so I didn't). I really needed th water. Finished feeling strong!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice run, Pam. Speedy!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

nice runs going on here. 16 for me. 42.4 miles total.
            Wow, nice week Shan!

Dave

I was a total wuss today and didn't run. At least not yet (and the gym closes in a half hour). Knees probably needed the cut back. Nice long runs everyone. Wish I had done one Undecided

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Hi guys. I've been sleeping all weekend, fighting a bug I think. Kim, so how do you feel? You have more will power than me. Pam, NICE RUN. When's your race? Shan, Nice miles. I'll use your own words as you plan your next few weeks of running, "Don't eat the paste." I'm suppose to be on a ragnar relay team in August but they are talking about drinking beer in the van, not the driver but still. Am I big stick in the mud for not wanting to break any laws, especially when I was considering the use of my van?

Bugs

Dave

Am I big stick in the mud for not wanting to break any laws, especially when I was considering the use of my van?
                  Yes. As long as the driver isn't drinking.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Dave, you''re not a wuss..... you're smart... give the knees a break if they need it. Me, no will power- no run.... I feel much better but small things get my cough going... like DH painted the bathroom, the smell of the paint got me going on a major coughing fit... and I wussed out one more day. I told someone this is the longest I've taken off from running since 2003 when my daughter was born. Tomorrow it is... And,I don't know about the driving and the beer thing.... I"m running a relay in April. I don't think I'd be comfortable with that.

Bugs

Yes. As long as the driver isn't drinking.
                      Really, I guess for me that's sort of high-school ish and beer isn't important to me during a race. For me the race is about performing my best. A drink when we're all done sure, but the running is a big enough high for me.

Bugs

evanflein

I wouldn't do the beer... when I'm doing one of those relays, it's fun but very "run" oriented. Our masters team had a goal of winning our division, which we did, and I got grief for coffee the morning of the second day! I ran 14.5 miles today... sought out the same well-maintained bike paths/sidewalks I've been running Wednesday evening (8 mile route) and added an extra out-and-back and repeated part of the main loop. 8F temps felt nice and I didn't wear a jacket, but did have my balaclava. Overall a good run with the goal being a fast finish long run. Had to stop for traffic and crossed highway overpasses 4 times, but stopped Garmin for all those events. The highway overpasses have long flights of stairs up and down with a "bridge" spanning the 4-lane roads. Actually, sort of a nice break in the run. Avg pace 8:34, including the slow first mile (I start with a hill) and the goal of 8:20s for the last 4 miles was almost thwarted by that hill again in mile 14. Still, I think it went well. Mile splits: 8:51, 8:39, 8:44, 8:34, 8:40, 8:43, 8:27, 8:37, 8:36, 8:35, 8:20, 8:23, 8:13, 8:29 (hill), and last half mile @ 8:17 pace. I hope Kimmie is feeling better soon, Dave's knee shapes up, Bugs isn't fighting a bug but just tired, and Shan continues her great running! Hi to everyone else, including Cash who has been running pretty well lately. Hey Cash, can you believe it's been a year since we met in Carlsbad last year? I thought of that race today on my run. Feels like a different world...
                        Cashmason

Erika, Yes Sherie and SloJim were supposed to run Carlsbad today. They have Surf City next week. Jim should be a marathon maniac if his pf doesnt act up. 36 miles this week. More miles than I have run in 2 years. Could get to 100 this month, but not sure its a good idea. The half is next week end and need to run 13 more miles. Hip muscles are just a bit sore. Part of me wants the first 100 mile month since last January, part of me wants to be sure I get to start line not sore. I think Shan didn't hide the paste jar. Lou, temps were the same both nights. Not sure why the heart rate spiked. Same pace, same temp, one day apart.
                            Bugs, I think I'd have a hard time running after drinking any beer, and I would have a hard time treating a race, even a relay with its social aspects, not seriously. But, Erika, I don't see any issue with coffee -- I drink coffee every morning before running. Dave, I'm thinking you made the right decision -- best to get your knee better soon than to hurt it further. Kimmie, glad you feel better -- enjoy your run today. Cash, sometimes it's pretty random. Murphy, this is so exciting. Are you going to get pictures? Pam, I wear one of those camelbacks for long runs -- have you tried them? Rest day for me, ran 26 straight days (a PR) and 47 of the last 48. I could use a recovery run after yesterdays long run, but am seeing the doctor this morning about blood pressure. When I run it lowers my blood pressure for several hours, and I want her to see what I'm seeing -- I'm not even going to do any core work this morning. One day off won't hurt, that's for sure.

Hail to The Victors!

Nice weekend of running everyone! Nice Weekly PR Shan! way to go, topping 40 like that! Bugs, I agree, open bottle in the van would make me itchy too. Kimmie, hope you can make it out really soon! Sounds like you are slowly getting better!
                              Kimmie

9.2 miles on the treadmill.... easy pace.... WOO HOO! Smile