Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

slow day on the thread today. WRFB - nice run today. Glad you didn't sit in piles of traffic. I will possibly need to use the Yak's again today. It's hard to say as the sun is out and so the snow might have melted enough. The roads will certainly be clear but the trail may not... I might just skip them and stay on the roads - I don't really know yet.

Dave

We were all watching the inauguration Big grin Bright sunshine here. Getting near 30. Will go an easy 4-5 later today. My legs are still iffy from my long run on Sunday and I didn't do them any favors with some thrusters (http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Barbell_Thruster.wmv) yesterday

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

we were watching it too. I hope your run goes well - remember to keep it easy!

Bugs

Glad to hear you easterners got some snow to deal with. Who's got time for such things when you got 50K in tomatoes? Forgot half my running stuff, will run in my best black bra tonight and be grateful I don't have troubles some woman have. Legs are tired today.

Bugs

evanflein

OOOOOOOOOOhhh! Sounds like mr. cashmason is a weee bit sensitive this week. Hmmm, I could have fun with it, but I won't. Off to run on the belt-to-nowhere at lunch today. We had an inch of snow forecast and I think it's closer to 4... the road in to work today was like a trail in a blizzard with snow blowing all over. Bleh.
              And I'm whining about my intervals tomorrow. I really hope we got some melt today, because 1/2 mile intervals on icy cul-de-sacs is a little dicey.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ok I was going to ask if you Tri'd Cash. That's cool. If I could swim half way decent I'd love to do a tri. Thanks Erika Smile Nice run Willrun Smile Enjoy your run Dave Smile 30 and sunny is like perfect winter running weather. So got any spare tomatos Bugs? Btw Bugs do you work and if so are you running right after work?? Good luck on your run Erika! BTW LOVE that picture of you on the front page!!! I did a pretty good interpretation of that picture yesterday lol Got a little over 12 miles done today. Made the mistake of eating Subway (it's been like 2 years since I ate there) before my run and talk about BIG MISTAKE! Stomach ache and nausea started halfway through my run and lasted probably about an hour after my run though my stomach is still not happy.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

5.5 for me. That snow must be just north and west of DC. We had a few flurries but we're bone dry down here. I've got 9 on the schedule for tomorrow. We'll see if work cooperates. Will be interesting to see the National Mall is reopened so I can run past there.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

5 and a little for me.

Bugs

Bugs do you work and if so are you running right after work??
                      Yes I am a computer programmer, I run on my lunch hour and/or in the evening. Running from my house is not really an option right now, in the country and it is VERY cold, maybe on a still day but usually just a pain. I'll run from work and back to car. I don't save one dime of gas with this running. Hope the tummy is better soon.

Bugs

Ok that makes sense. Well hope your best black bra doesn't chaffe you! Thanks Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Ok that makes sense. Well hope your best black bra doesn't chaffe you! Thanks Smile
                          Well it'll chaff on chaff then. I got sunburned on the cold day of the year and then wore cotten. Idiot.

Bugs

Kimmie

5 ish miles- pretty easy with some strides thrown in... because I can never seem to just stay at one pace. Pam, where do you live?
                              Well it'll chaff on chaff then. I got sunburned on the cold day of the year and then wore cotten. Idiot.
                              You said it Tongue

5 ish miles- pretty easy with some strides thrown in... because I can never seem to just stay at one pace. Pam, where do you live?
                                During my last long run I decided I was going to do a "steady" run between mile 3-4. It didn't last long. I have such a HARD TIME slowing down once I'm warmed up. On earth Tongue j/k sorry I tend to turn into a smart ass once dh gets home. I live about 50 miles North of Philadelphia.