Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

I can't believe I'm saying this but I decided to not go out for my scheduled run so that I can hang out with dh. First thing he did was feel my forhead to see if I was running a fever lol. I am however going to try and get back into my weights. I think a week and a half or two weeks has been enough time off.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I think a week and a half or two weeks has been enough time off.
      Yeah, your avatar is starting to look a little flabby Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Yeah, your avatar is starting to look a little flabby Tongue
        what a shame huhTongue Actually I'm feeling thin today however I'm starting to feel "little" Can't let my running overshadow my lifting Tongue I'm soooooo screwed wanting to be a bb AND a runner *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

anytime hun!!! I hear you on rather being hungry than feeling fat and bloated!! I'm having a real problem with my stomach. There are days where I look 7 months pregnant NO LIE and feel so icky. I've had gas from hell!! If you're really not into the half let it go. If you're feeling your family needs you around, well you know what's important!
          I can't imagine your stomach looking 7 months pregnant. I'm going to make cabbage soup tonight, live off that day and night. It's cruel, but it works. Thank You! I'm so hard on myself all my local running friends think I'm nuts to drive 2 hours for a crappy run this time of year. I can go run in the cold, but don't make me log it as race unless it's a local 5K.

Bugs

I can't imagine your stomach looking 7 months pregnant. I'm going to make cabbage soup tonight, live off that day and night. It's cruel, but it works. Thank You! I'm so hard on myself all my local running friends think I'm nuts to drive 2 hours for a crappy run this time of year. I can go run in the cold, but don't make me log it as race unless it's a local 5K.
            OH believe me. I'll have dh take a picture. Cabbage soup sounds REALLY good right now!! As of this morning I'm using Lactaid milk instead of regular milk. You remind me of myself!! Very hard on myself! It's never easy to decide not to do something. It also sounds like you know your family is needing you home this weekend and that the extreme cold is a justification (not that those come easy) kwim??

Oh Mighty Wing

another 4.

Bugs

OH believe me. I'll have dh take a picture. Cabbage soup sounds REALLY good right now!! As of this morning I'm using Lactaid milk instead of regular milk.
                The cabbage soup is not all bad. It's filling but it's all veggies so you can eat as much as you want, and when I make I even it is for breakfast. Shan, you got nice consistent miles going on there. good work. Imagine how Oprah feels. Did any of you see her interview? Never thought I'd feel sorry for someone so rich. How'd you like to buy her clothes, "Sorry Ms Oprah but you really needed the size 20." She looked so good at 160. Gotta go face the cold. Soon I beg my TM for forgiveness for being gone for so long. Like Friday when we get 40 mph winds.

Bugs

Dave

another 4.
                  I believe Shan snuck in a double on us today. Your log looks great. Bugs, I don't even know where to start on the cabbage soup. Hopefully you're not putting yourself at risk nutrition-wise. Your body needs food to fuel your runs. That's all I'm saying. Pam, I've given up on bodybuilding. I'm trying to bring scrawny back.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm trying to bring scrawny back.
                    snerk! ugh I mean you are almost there!!!Wink
                      Pam, I've given up on bodybuilding. I'm trying to bring scrawny back.
                      Thanks, Dave. I'll admit that I had absolutely no idea what "bb" meant when she said it. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

sure Dave you just wanted to give me one more day on top...
                        Shan, have you explained this to your husband? It sounds rather kinky... wink
                        Cashmason

Lou, those are some fast intervals. I am happy to break 4 minutes by the 4th repeat.
                          evanflein

Another frosty eyelashes run tonight... 8.3 miles at -8F, 8:48 avg pace. This was pretty much the same route as last Wednesday's run, but I went a little slower and didn't slip and FOMA tonight.
                            Cashmason

Kimmie, think of it as an extended taper. You get stronger/ faster when you rest, not when you workout. Otherwise we would all be faster at the end of a run than at the beginning. Pam, your avatar looks like a figure competitor/ model. Running and lifting would go hand in hand with that especially when you are in cutting mode. 6.25 miles on the treadmill at 10 pm. Treadmill is not so bad when you have someone cute on the ellipticals across the room from you. I am one of those weirdos that normally runs without music, and I don't get bored easily. Tonights heart rate data. Each lap was a mile on the treadmill. Progression run. lap time is the second column average heart rate is the 5th colum and max heart rate the 6th. 1 10:01 0.00 1.3 137 157 7 2 9:40 0.00 0.9 138 145 7 3 9:12 0.00 1.1 147 151 6 4 8:55 0.00 1.8 152 157 6 5 8:33 0.00 1.3 158 162 7 6 8:18 0.00 2.2 162 166 9 7 1:43 0.00 2.0 172 177 2

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - Blush for once I didn't even think of that. Nice progression run - I wish we could trade places - I'd love to know what it feels like to not get bored easily. Erika - you are pretty with frosty eyelashes!!! Does the snow bother your calves or do you think that your body is just use to it??