Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

oh right I forgot about that Murphy! Then it might be earlier - regardless I'm excited for whenever you get pictures!!!! You both must be soo stoked!! And thanks on the congrat's! I'm beyond excited right now.

Dave

Dave what does - Shan, you have not begun to get in a daze. You are going to take zombie running to a whole new level, even before you get to the starting line. mean???
      Just that I spent the last 40 minutes of my last long run in a daze (zombie running) and I figure I'll be back in that daze sometime Sunday morning with the 19 I have on tap. To get to the starting line for the Triple, you'll be spending many hours running in that daze Big grin MTA: I noticed today that this will be your second 100 mile month and there's still 8 days left. The last time you did 100, it took a final day run to reach 100. Lets see, 8 days x 4.3 miles per day average = 36 more miles. 30% increase over your best month ever. Cool ...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

haha thanks for explaining! I think I wil probably be a zombie before you know it at the rate i'm going LOL probably in the next 2 weeks. haha yeah this is going to be my highest month for now. Big grin thanks for noticing!!
          Just that I spent the last 40 minutes of my last long run in a daze (zombie running) and I figure I'll be back in that daze sometime Sunday morning with the 19 I have on tap. OMG "zombie running" I know that all too well. Spent many days a week doing that during my ultra training. I think that was the only way I could handle doing the 24 miles one day 18 or so the next day (not that I don't love running)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

GORGEOUS DAY!!! 4.1 easy miles with the hubby! I sure hope he continues running this time!!! He's heading out for the afternoon which means today I'll actually get a double in. Hope the wind doesn't start up! *knock on wood*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WTG on the milage Shannon Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! Big grin
                  Well I have learned my lesson on what to eat before a run. The past two days dh and I ate fast food and my runs were so so. Today I made myself a nice turkey sandwich at home and had an AWESOME run. Of course maybe the weather and new shoes I bought had a little to do with it. I also remember why I told dh I wanted to try and get my long run in today (totally ditched that to run with him this morning). Anyhoo I got 9.25 miles in at an average pace of 8:25. and the only mile that felt slightly hard was the last one before cool down. Got home in time to shower, blow dry hair have a couple pickles before heading out to the bus stop. The twins had great news. They both are on "honor roll" and Katie moved up to a high math class Big grin Today has been a good day!

evanflein

... have a couple pickles before heading out ...
                    Dead Bleh on the pickles... congrats on the kids!

Oh Mighty Wing

4 and change. I did NOT drink enough water today. I cannot slack on this again...

Dave

Jogged a half mile today with my work backpack on to catch a ride. Got home and my knee was pissed. Ugh... May have to rethink the mileage plans this weekend. Pam, Shan, great runs for you and its always good to get good kid news Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave have you been icing??
                            Dave - that stinks. Was it your knee that was bothering you after MCM, or is this something different?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh, did I mention we're going to be grandparents? dawndaughter1 and her loving husband are in Boston so we'll go up there a day early to empty out all the baby paraphernalia stores up there and help them nest.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thanks Dave Smile painfull knees SUCK A$$!! Hope it's nothing serious and it's feeling better ASAP!!! WOOT CONGRATS Lou and Predawn!!! That is AWESOME Smile