Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/4 (Read 298 times)

DAMN some good racing went on this past weekend!! WTG Dave on racing without having ran that much as of late! Congrats on the BQ Lou! WTG to Predawnrunner for gutting it out and BQing for 2011 as well! Hope you you get the injury with your knee figured out and taken care of ASAP Jeremey! Nice time despite knee problems. Great job on the hilly course Kimmie!!

NICE tempo Erika!! I've said it before and I'll say it again you're going to KICK ASS at Vancouver!

Frankie stayed home from school despite deciding last night that he was ready to go back. He just didn't have much energy this morning and there was no way I was going to send him to school like that. As it is he's not happy that I'm not letting him play outside at recess this week or do gym when he does get back to school. Thankfully his fever is gone and it doesn't look like it's coming back. I've started running a fever (Sat Night) however I'm only having stomach pain so I think I caught the same virus the twins had it's just effecting me different. If I run today it will be after Ken gets home. THIS is what I love about Taper! I don't have a real schedule and can just do whatever (well except for intervals)

Oh I had this feeling the past few days at the top of my hamstring like something wasn't releasing. No pain whatsoever just weird feeling. Asked dh to massage the area. Felt great until he decided to do deep tissue massage (he's actually pretty good at that despite not being trained). OMG OUCH! Needless to say he said it seemed to be more of a groin problem.  Culprit was probably the weighted lunges I started doing 3 weeks ago.  that and not stretching well enough after doing my leg workouts. Anyway the weird feeling is gone. No lunges or extra leg workouts this week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Rain this morning let me sleep in until 6 and meetings kept me from running until this afternoon.  Still low 60sF and I had a nice easy 5 miles of recovery running.

I am so amazed at the great running here.  Just trying to do my part to keep up!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Good morning you all!

Ran early for the first time in awhile... I really prefer this, so I may have to talk to DH about a plan for the mornings.  I know it's tough for him to leave a little later, but it sure is nice to have my run done by 7 am.

Ran 6.5 miles in 57 minutes and ran with a woman from my neighborhood that I've only run with one time before.  Our schedules never seemed to work out.   She's positive and energetic, which is really helpful when you're not awake.

Started out with a full moon and stars and then ended with the sunrise..   just gorgeous.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Meeting with the COO and my boss this morning. These things are sooooo much more pleasant when I've made my numbers for the month.

DOR yesterday, due to schedule more than anything. Hoping to get an hour in at some point today.

Kimmie - I swear by running in the morning (as you know)

Went out for 6 but decided 5 would be enough.  Legs a bit tired, maybe a bit sore, but none the worse for wear.

5.1 miles, 47:13, 9:16/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I think I'm going to need to get my runs in during the morning again. I've been enjoying sleeping in (yea, till 6:00) but with things the way they are at work I'm thinking it's going to be best to get the run out of the way or it might not happen.
              theyapper

On the road again...

I haven't run in the morning yet this week, but thankfully the temps have been cool enough that it hasn't mattered.  Of course, my run really got squeezed today and so the 8 miles I was supposed to do easy became more of a pace run, or, at the very least, a very high aerobic run.  It felt good to pick it up a bit and I finished the 8 miles with an avg pace of 9:35.  Negative splits all the way through!

Hope your meeting went well, Mr. I, and that you walked out of it with a raise.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

A quick note to the racers this weekend. Good Luck Pam, Erika, and P2R. The hay is in the barn for all of you. I will be checking on Sunday to see how you did. Knock it out of the park.

Nothing but rain here day after day. Hope to run in the sun one of these days.

Bugs

Good luck to this weekend's racers!

If you would like to see the Wineglass race report, I posted it at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/62765341527c409ca360f8e177054825

Rest day for me today -- knee a bit tweaky and I don't want to push it before the next race.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good luck to all racers this weekend!

Should be able to get an hour in this afternoon - probably even get to run outside.

Kimmie

Choosing to rest today-  gotta get all these aches and pains gone.  I guess I didn't totally rest as I lifted weights.

lou-  love the race report.  It's so great that you're in such top shape that you can hold back so much and still record such a fast time...  BQ without meaning to-  that's awesome.

Hope you got for your run Mr. I

Hope the rain goes away, Bugs.

I'm debating on how long of a taper to do for this one.  There is a 20 mile race this weekend, which will be exactly 2 weeks before the marathon. I think if I ran it slow and easy I'll be fine.  I've done 3 week tapers and 2 weeks-  and I don't seem to notice that much of a difference.

lou-  love the race report.  It's so great that you're in such top shape so old that you can hold back so much and still record such a fast time...  run so slow and still get a BQ without meaning to-  that's awesome.

fixed

thanks Smile

fixed

thanks Smile

NOT EVEN Lou! GREAT report!!

Thanks guys!

I think the 20 miler is a great idea Kimmie!

GOOD LUCK ERIKA AND PACE!!!  You guys are going to ROCK!  

This week is going WAY TOOOO SLOW! It's very windy here today but I managed to get out and get 5.5 miles done at the parkway. Frankie went to school and it went well. We'll see if he ends up going tomorrow. Today was a half day.

Hope everyone is having a great humpday!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Hope you got for your run Mr. I

Yay! Got an easy hour on the TM.

Tomorrow I'm thinking 90 minutes in the park.

Way to go, Mr I!

6.1 miles, 54:16, 8:57/mi, AHR 134 (69% MHR)

Felt great -- recovering nicely.