Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/26/2010 Last Week of April! (Read 235 times)

Cashmason

Cash,

Why no photo? You are a pretty attractive guy, we'd like to see more of you. (oh-no Erika going to kick my ass for flirting with Cash)

Erika  knows I flirt with everybody,   especially if they are cute and have a good heart.   So that would include you Bugs,  and Pam and Kimmie as well.

And I know that Erika flirts with all the guys,  including  Will Run for beer.  Guys can't help but be attracted to her.

But you 3 are pretty cute  as well. 

That's great news, Lou!  Thinking about doing any backup marathons since Boston didn't work out?

Thanks, guys!

Well, last Wednesday when I had a similar result (5 miles, no pain), I was thinking about upgrading the Frederick half this Sunday to a full, but since then I came to my senses.

We'll see how the half goes, and I will think about it, but I haven't looked around seriously for something close by yet.

Other thing is I'm entering an extra busy time at work for the next 1.5 months, so that needs to be considered as well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Rest day for me today.  Great news on the pain-free run, Lou.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Thanks, guys!

Well, last Wednesday when I had a similar result (5 miles, no pain),.

That is really good news.    When you get hurt,  I seem to get hurt shortly aftwardwards.

So your job is to stay healthy.

Kimmie

6 miles and weights today.

Decided I will run Steamtown in the Fall with a friend.   I had debated this one last year, but went with Marine Corps instead, which I think was a mistake.   The goal is to BQ again.

I know you've run it, Pam.   Any plans to run this year?  How are you feeling?

Good to hear that you're feeling well, Lou.  Smart to not run the Full on Sunday.  I thought about coming up there Saturday night for the Twilight 5K.  That sounds fun.  Have to play it by ear, Greg will be leaving town that night, so it might not work out timing wise.

Anyone else know what their Fall Marathon plans are?  Anyone want to run Steamtown with me?

Kimmie

Erika  knows I flirt with everybody,   especially if they are cute and have a good heart.   So that would include you Bugs,  and Pam and Kimmie as well.

And I know that Erika flirts with all the guys,  including  Will Run for beer.  Guys can't help but be attracted to her.

But you 3 are pretty cute  as well. 

Hmm.... interesting comments from the "pretty attractive guy" that we don't know what he looks like.

Now that I've met Erika IRL, I would agree with your statements, Cash.  Smile

evanflein

Oh good grief. Knock it off already, would ya!?

I've got a picture of Cash to share since I don't think Kimmie's seen it... but have to find it first.

Lou, stop getting hurt so Cash can heal up, ok?

Kimmie, I'd love to run Steamtown. I hear that's a really fast course. But... my fall plans are the Equinox 50k on September 18. I also wanted to run the Kenai River Marathon the following week, but found out I got approved for a conference in Florida that week so that won't work out. I was sort of hoping to do 4 marathons in-state this year, but it's not looking possible (Mayor's Marathon in June, Humpy's in August--both in Anchorage, Equinox and Kenai in September).

7.3 miles last night after work and before the boys' first soccer game. This morning they left at o-dark-ugly for a 3 day trip to Anchorage to play some games down there. DH and I have the house to ourselves for a few days and all we can think of is going to bed early.

Plan today is a RAL, hope the rain holds off.

Where's Pam? Hope she's recovering ok...

Bugs

I've read that SteamTown is one of the top ten fastest marathon.

Kimmie, when you do weights do you do lower body too? I was in the weight room when a friend who is a personal trailer came in and she was surprised, but impressed I lifted weights. Wow does that girl have pipes.  I just lifted my 12lbs while she had 40lbs. Sad

My ankle was stiff on Monday, so last night I aquajogged. The water was a good place to try to stretch it out. Tonight I will try a couple of miles. I have a half marathon on Saturday. No idea what kind of shape I am in. I'm thinking I will start at 9:00 min pace and just feel it out for there. WIll give me a good gage for Fargo on the 22nd.

Bugs

Hey Guys!!!!!!

I've seen at least one picture of Cash. LOOKING GOOD! BTW glad you like me again Wink

Great to hear about the pain free run Lou!! Hope it's a trend! Good luck on your half this weekend!!

Enjoy your rest day Paul!

Kimmie, Steamtown was my race to do each year. I'm still up in the air about this year. I have a few ultra's before then so who knows what kind of shape I'll be in.  If I'm in BQ shape I'll definitely run it with ya!

Enjoy the kidless house Erika and dh!  Hope it doesn't rain for ya!

Running is going well for me. I had a bit of an ankle issue after the marathon. Seems I overused my heal with all the walking during Boston and it wasn't used to it. Anyway got a marathon in a few weeks. Not sure what to do as far as mileage, guess I'll wing it like I normally do.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I've read that SteamTown is one of the top ten fastest marathon.

Kimmie, when you do weights do you do lower body too? I was in the weight room when a friend who is a personal trailer came in and she was surprised, but impressed I lifted weights. Wow does that girl have pipes.  I just lifted my 12lbs while she had 40lbs. Sad

My ankle was stiff on Monday, so last night I aquajogged. The water was a good place to try to stretch it out. Tonight I will try a couple of miles. I have a half marathon on Saturday. No idea what kind of shape I am in. I'm thinking I will start at 9:00 min pace and just feel it out for there. WIll give me a good gage for Fargo on the 22nd.

it's not as fast as people think. Yes it's one of the top 10 marathons of BQ's  HOWEVER like Boston the downhill is in the beginning and the uphill is at the end. Fastest is ALL RELATIVE (BTW BOSTON IS #1)

Hey bugs I've had a stiff ankle too however dh has been doing LOTS of massaging of it for me. Thankfully it seems to be ALMOST completely better *knock on wood*.  Good luck @ your HM Bugs!!! KICK ASS!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

I've been slacking, both in posting and in running. Two runs this week. 5 up in Bethesda and 3 more today. Hope everyone is well.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Hi Dave! I hear you've had a run or two with Trent. Sounds like fun!

Glad to hear you're doing well, Pam.

5.5 miles at lunchtime. I think I'll take tomorrow off, then the 5k on Saturday. I want to get back to the gym, but I'll do that next week.

Hail to The Victors!

I've been slacking, both in posting and in running. Two runs this week. 5 up in Bethesda and 3 more today. Hope everyone is well.

It's something, better than sitting on your butt behind a desk or in a meeting!  You should sign up for one of the Dexter Ann Arbor races and come down here (June 6), it's a great race, totally worth it!

good to see Pam and Dave!

cash, I'm trying

3 miles this morning

not sure if I'll run tomorrow or not.  I do have to go back into work for an overnight test Sad , and I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.  oh, well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hawt and sexy

Pam has to do the marathon she has coming up. It will be my Maniac attempt. heh

Overuser.

I'm touching your pants.