Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/26/2010 Last Week of April! (Read 235 times)

Kimmie

I've read that SteamTown is one of the top ten fastest marathon.

Kimmie, when you do weights do you do lower body too? I was in the weight room when a friend who is a personal trailer came in and she was surprised, but impressed I lifted weights. Wow does that girl have pipes.  I just lifted my 12lbs while she had 40lbs. Sad

My ankle was stiff on Monday, so last night I aquajogged. The water was a good place to try to stretch it out. Tonight I will try a couple of miles. I have a half marathon on Saturday. No idea what kind of shape I am in. I'm thinking I will start at 9:00 min pace and just feel it out for there. WIll give me a good gage for Fargo on the 22nd.

I do lift lower body, but even after 6 years of running... I still haven't completely figured out how to balance weight lifting and running.  Basically, the closer I get to a marathon, the more weight lifting takes a back seat.

Hawt and sexy

Wait, who else is coming here for Steamtown? heh

Seriously, ask anything about it. Pam and i have run the thing multiple times.

I'm touching your pants.

1/2 marathon Sunday. Flying Pig. Heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted. Cant wait, actually. Going to plan on taking it easy since I really havent run much at all. Been walking alot with dw and baby. My weight is down. I should still do better than last time when I was coming off injury.
        evanflein

Hey Murphy! I hope the Pig goes well for you. Undertrained and uninjured beats trained but injured every time.

Steamtown might be on my list, but no this year. Rest day today, will probably go for a walk at lunchtime if it's not raining. 5k race tomorrow that looks to be chilly and maybe wet.

Good luck at the pig Murph!! Hope the heavy rain and thunderstorm holds off!

Dang willa looks like a hot day for a marathon on Sunday. Glad I'm not running it lol.

Anyway got a nice 4 miler and change done. Now time to get some shopping done!  TGIF and hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND and GOOD LUCK BLISTER RACERS!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

I will definitely be asking more questions about  Steamtown as it gets closer.

Super tired and sore today-  ran 6 miles of hills and struggled big time.   57  minutes....  She was probably annoyed that I was trudging along... just had no energy and my legs felt destroyed.  Ah well... might have overdone it yesterday.

Good luck Murphy, Erika and Lou!  Anyone else racing?

Hawt and sexy

85 degrees. OMG. Let's hope the weatherman wiffed on this one.

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

Kim,

I've read that the weight lifting should be light weights. I've been doing a little of it, but keep the weight pretty light, so hard to know if it is doing anything.

Murphy,

No jogging stroller? I know it is harder to run that way but think it is also good training. Good Luck & Have fun.

Yesterday's test run found a shin splint. I went home and fixed it, don't ask. Today I ran 2 and felt better. Need to beat a 8:41 pace to PR. I smell PR in the air, do you?

Bugs

evanflein

Are you talking Fargo Half? You'll need better than 8:41 for that.

Grandmas in June? A lot can happen between now and then, but I believe you can do it!

Kim,

I've read that the weight lifting should be light weights. I've been doing a little of it, but keep the weight pretty light, so hard to know if it is doing anything.

Murphy,

No jogging stroller? I know it is harder to run that way but think it is also good training. Good Luck & Have fun.

Yesterday's test run found a shin splint. I went home and fixed it, don't ask. Today I ran 2 and felt better. Need to beat a 8:41 pace to PR. I smell PR in the air, do you?

I know you were directing this to Kim but  WHY LIGHT? Women won't bulk up doing heavy weights and light weights really won't do a damn thing if your looking at gaining strength.

BTW I smell SEVERAL PR"S in the air!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

85 degrees. OMG. Let's hope the weatherman wiffed on this one.

I'll hope but it's not looking good!!  My offer to pace ya the last 6 miles in (that is if your still racing at that point) still stands! 

Bugs

Are you talking Fargo Half? You'll need better than 8:41 for that.

Grandmas in June? A lot can happen between now and then, but I believe you can do it!

Erika, I'm talking about the half marathon I'm running TOMORROW. Officially I've never ran a half faster than a 8:41 pace. Yes, I've done it in training several times. Suppose to be windy. Honestly I don't care, just want to feel good. Same goal for Grandmas.

Bugs

Bugs

I know you were directing this to Kim but  WHY LIGHT? Women won't bulk up doing heavy weights and light weights really won't do a damn thing if your looking at gaining strength.

BTW I smell SEVERAL PR"S in the air!

It was in Runner's World that I read that if you are sore from lifting weights and it is affecting your running workouts that you should lift lighter and do more reps. Arms I have been trying to focus on getting the weights up, and it is working, but results are slow. There was no concern about bulking up, especially me, because genetically I'm just a smaller build.

Bugs

It was in Runner's World that I read that if you are sore from lifting weights and it is affecting your running workouts that you should lift lighter and do more reps. Arms I have been trying to focus on getting the weights up, and it is working, but results are slow. There was no concern about bulking up, especially me, because genetically I'm just a smaller build.

Guess I've never had to problem with soreness and the workouts interfering with my running.  When I lift and run I usually eased up on the lifting due to running such high mileage(talking before this year lol) when marathon training. I was more tired than anything else. 

One of these days I'll get back to lifting.