Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/28 (Read 320 times)

Good morning Paul Smile

Well Frankie is still sick Sad Looks like I'll be running after Ken gets home like I did last night. I sure hope he's better by tomorrow. Mad science starts and he'll be upset if he has to miss the first day.

As for my run last night Ken came was telling me how and what I should be running this week. He mentioned some steady paced runs (well except warm up ) anyways that's what I did last night.  I tell you it's easier to just go by feel and not worry about the pace cause it's going to differ. Anyway I got 4 miles very close to the same time and then ran faster the last .5 to get an average of the last 4 miles though I think I was a bit fast. Oh well lol.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Tuesday -- complete rest day for me -- felt weird, but it was good to sleep in until 5:00.

When I came downstairs I heard boo-beep ... bee-boop ... boo-beep ... bee-boop, the sound of my forerunner being attached, then unattached from my computer's usb port.  I reset the forerunner, then nothing -- not even charging.  Sheesh.  Then reinstalled training center (this has worked before).  Still nothing.  Rebooted computer.  Still nothing.  Getting mad here.

Finally tried cleaning the contacts on the back of the forerunner with my finger.  Worked fine.  Whew.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Erika,

Here is a "Belated Great Job" on your first ultra. I ran out of "Spouse Allowed Internet Time" two weeks ago.  Smile Anyway Great Job, glad it went better than expected. So next year what race (marathon or ultra) will you want to run?

Vix,

I think I lost my drive to gut it out like I use to, but I did make it hurt Sunday.

Mankato (Minnesota) Marathon is Oct 23rd 2010. Guest Bed is still up for grabs. Smile

Thanks for the Heads up, Bugs,  I don't know that I'll take you up on the guest bed, but we might be there for the race!

Getting the last few panicky miles in before Brooksie Way on Sunday.  I finally got around to signing up yesterday, so I'm definitely in.  Gonna try to fit in a 12-14 today.  Seems like the body mostly remembers everything before the long outage, so while I lost speed, I don't think I lost too much endurance...

Bugs

Jeremy,

That's great! There going to be a incentive to run the Rochester Marathon in June and the Mankato marathon if you want to double up visits. I'm afraid the Mankato marathon will be very small, maybe 200, I don't think they have a clue how many will show up.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Jeremy,

That's great! There going to be a incentive to run the Rochester Marathon in June and the Mankato marathon if you want to double up visits. I'm afraid the Mankato marathon will be very small, maybe 200, I don't think they have a clue how many will show up.

I bet, it's hard to guess how many would show up for a first time race.   Do they have a course yet, and how many of those vaunted Mankato hills is it going to take on?  Some of those hills up by campus are really brutal...

Bugs

Jeremy,

The preliminary course for the Mankato Marathon is ALL easy downhill. It starts by the college and goes out of town on 90, comes back on red jacket trail, through the neighborhood district, into sibley parkway (lovely new park along the river) and ends on front street. Sounds like a very fast course.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Jeremy,

The preliminary course for the Mankato Marathon is ALL easy downhill. It starts by the college and goes out of town on 90, comes back on red jacket trail, through the neighborhood district, into sibley parkway (lovely new park along the river) and ends on front street. Sounds like a very fast course.

So basically I could just roll to a PR?  Awesome!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey, is Shan ok?  I just noticed that she's not even listed as a part of the group in the report section?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Hmmm, Paul, good point. Anyone know how to reach her offline? I hope everything is ok...

6 miles RAL in beautiful sunshine and not-too-cold 35°F temps. Glad I had gloves, but it was a very nice run. I did not want to come back to work afterwards... but here I am.

I sent her a message on FB.  I'll report back if it's she responds and it's ok with her.

she's fine. Just staying off the "radar" I think she's racing another 5k this weekend.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

5.5 mile run done in the dark. LOVE night running! Wish I could have gone longer however such is life. Both kids fever's are gone. Fingers crossed that they are well enough for school tomorrow!

evanflein

I think she'll be back soon, but yeah, she's fine.
                              Oh good.

Schedule called for 2 at marathon pace.  Ok, so I went a little faster.

7.1 miles, 57:38, 8:09/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

2@8:16(146), 2@7:53(154), 3.07@8:16(148)

I wonder when I am going to decide on a pace for this first marathon?  I guess some time before I finish would be good.

Oh Mighty Wing

*peeks in and waves*