Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/28 (Read 320 times)

Frankie's fever got up to 103.4 at which time he got Tylenol. I try not to give meds for fever during the day unless they are really really uncomfortable and the fever is high. Anyway gave him some Ibuprofen before bed and instructions to stay in bed as late as he wants tomorrow. NO SCHOOL no matter what!

Nice run there Erika! I've been looking forward to my hills this week however they keep getting pushed out. Not that most of my runs aren't hilly, just not the big hills that I crave so much lately. There's this 10 mile local race in November. OMG it has a killer mile that's like 2.5 miles long as well as rolling hills. I'm not doing it this year (doing another race) however I'm going to KILL it in 2010!

Anyway plan for tomorrow is to run in the am before Ken goes to work IF he doesn't get out for a run. Tomorrow night is way too busy for both of us to get a run in. I'm kind of hoping to run in the morning

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sorry Frankie is feeling poorly - hope he feels a little better today or soon.

Little 5 planned, I had better get myself moving.

MTA: 5.1 miles, 45:46, 8:59/mi, AHR 137 (70% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thanks Lou!

Nice run! Enjoy your day!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

well Ken didn't run and he turned my alarm off. He told me when he called me that he thinks that he's getting sick and that I'm more than welcome to run when he gets home. I tell you he better not be pissy with me when he doesn't get his run in tonight.

So today is the 6th day that Frankie's had a fever. He has a slight cough but other than that the only issue's hes had is being exhausted. If I'm gonna get sick it better be now *sigh*

hi all. Just testing to see if I can post without plugging in the password. Maybe group creators or admins dont need to use it?

Was going to go run Monday and remembered I no longer had any running shoes. (Meant to throw out my old pair awhile ago. Always had gotten the identical Saucony Trigon Rides--and threw out two left shoes ....ugh.

Bought some Mizunos last night, and gonna get back out there tonight. Going to start short and slow for awhile. I may not do another marathon until Vegas in December 2010. Although if I get myself in good shape, I'd have a tough time passing on one of the local marathons earlier next year.

Hey Murphy!!  Glad to see you. I myself just bought some Mizuno's and OMG they ROCK! *knock on wood lol*  Hope you have an enjoyable run tonight! BTW I think if you come here through your groups there's no need to use password.

Oh Mighty Wing

HI MURPHY!!!

it's a rest day... i'm resting... i'm wanting to run... rest days always serve their purpose... hmmm is it lunch time yet?

HI MURPHY!!!

it's a rest day... i'm resting... i'm wanting to run... rest days always serve their purpose... hmmm is it lunch time yet?

I've had "rest" day way too many days this week.  My kids tend to use me as their pillow when they are home sick and resting on the couch (not that I don't mind) Makes it really hard to hold back during weight workouts and runs.Am I the only who has a body that likes to rebel if I take a COMPLETE day off?

Shan you sound just like Frankie right now. One thing this illness hasn't done is take away his appetite. Actually I think its made him hungrier 

OH I gotta brag lol. I got in over 300 miles in September!! Wasn't sure that would happen after doing the 100 miler. I THINK this is the first time that I had a 300 mile month right before a goal marathon

Ringmaster

300 miles? Wow!

Hope Frankie feels better soon!

8 today--my rest day tomorrow of  "shouldn't I be out there doing SOMETHING?"--and then 16 on Saturday. This is for me where half training (6 weeks out) starts to overlap with marathon training (16 weeks). Gotta keep speed in and start pushing the long runs.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

Kimmie

Hi Murphy!  so good to hear from you.   You'll get back to it in no time.

Pam, sure hope Frankie feels better soon.  and congrats on the 300.   I'm hoping to hit 1500 for the year. 300 in one month is awesome.

Well, I'm running the half on Saturday.  got sleepovers set up for both girls so I can go.

Still feel beat up from the 23....  decided to walk today with this neighborhood group instead of run.  Doesn't really cut it for a workout, although I tried to walk fast.    the doc recommended holding off running until the race... that seems like a lot of time off.  I'm taking these supplements hoping they help.  I'm skeptical, but what do I know?

Hang in there with the resting, Shan.

VixiDu-  what races are you running?

300 miles? Wow!

Hope Frankie feels better soon!

8 today--my rest day tomorrow of  "shouldn't I be out there doing SOMETHING?"--and then 16 on Saturday. This is for me where half training (6 weeks out) starts to overlap with marathon training (16 weeks). Gotta keep speed in and start pushing the long runs.

Thanks! He can't wait either. Earlier he said he wished he could control time so that he could speed it up to when he's better. Right now his fever is close to 101 so he's not feeling too terrible which sucks for him. I'm making him rest which he's not happy with. Sucks when your sick with a fever but feeling pretty good despite it.  Which marathon are you training for?  I can't wait to start some speed work. I was soooooooooooo looking forward to that part of the training cycle this time however not enough to keep me from being an Idiot lol

Frankie sends his thanks!!

Still feeling beat up Kimmie Sad THAT sucks!  I say listen to your body! If it feels like running, run if it doesn't don't! I was expecting my 21 miler to beat me up however it didn't. Not sure WTF is going on with that. Won't complain though. Very cool you got things set up for your girls so that you can race!  My inlaws are watching the twins for my marathon weekend. It's also a 3 day weekend for them. I'll miss them, however it will make it easier on dh while I'm racing especially if it's cold.

Ringmaster

I'm sorry you're still feeling sore, Kimmie. How far out are you from race day? I remember being so happy when I finally got to taper--felt like that was its own kind of finish line along the way to my first 26.2. I was pretty tired by then.

I won't be traveling to race for a while, and racing in Florida pretty much limits me to running anything longer than a half between November and February. So I try to do my half early in the season and my marathon late, to give me as much time as possible between the two. I'm running the A1A Marathon this year, which is in Fort Lauderdale on February 22. It still ends up feeling like a really long training season, though.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

evanflein

Pam, have you had Frankie to the dr? Sounds like flu... a fever for that many days is not a good thing, he's fighting off some fierce infection of some sort.

Shan, that's my problem with rest days. When I'm not running or anything else, my mind just focuses on the next meal! (or snack, or nibble...)

Murphy! Yeah I'd hoped the owner of the thread could still get in. I think it works as long as you were a member of the group before. If you leave though, you need the PW to get back in. Then again, hmmm, if you leave, does the whole group vanish? Did you really throw out half a pair of new shoes? Sorry, but that's really funny.