Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/28 (Read 320 times)

Yep he's on Zithromax and he goes back on Sunday for a recheck. I feel like a nervous first time mom though I'm far from it.

Yep I've had someone say that whole discretion being the better part of valor or something along that sorts. Seems to hold true. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sorry, Pam -- hope Frankie gets better soon.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I'm sure he'll be better in no time, Pam.  Try not to worry too much.  

Dave- very cool that you're running a half at the last minute... that's going to be fun.  Is it last minute or were you planning on running?

Children are dropped off....  nothing to do now but go to bed early.  Smile

Ringmaster

Oh, Pam, I'm so sorry that Frankie's not well and sorry that you're right there feeling badly about it. I hope with the new meds his body will be able to fight it off quickly and bounce back soon.

Kimmie, I am thinking about you . . . Can't wait to hear how it went! I don't get too many hills in my races here in Pancake Land, so I have no strategy for hills higher than a sand dune. You too, Dave, I hope you have a great time in your race.

Took the 5yo to the allergist for testing today and lo and behold, she's allergic to all kinds of foods she eats all the time--like oats and bananas. How can that be? Appt with the dr next Friday. Thankfully lung function test was great, so at least no asthma.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm up. I've got 2.5 hours...

theyapper

On the road again...

V - sorry to hear about the allergies.

JF - go get 'em!

Cutback week long run this morning, and, yes, I did say to myself that I was only running 12.  It turned into a very nice run, too.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

unofficial result - 22:05

my legs are on fire!

hope everyone has a great day! it's time for me to finish packing!

Yap - isn't that fun!! I did that last night when I got to my mom's and said - i'll be back I just gotta knock out my 10 miler...

Happy Camper

Congratulations JF, 5k sounds fun!  Haven't ran one of those since Spring. Belated good running to WRFB and PDR.  Easy 11  for me this morning on a mix of roads and groomed gravel trail.   Seems like the season is a month ahead of schedule now.  Windy and low 40's even at 8:00am.   I'll  run single track tomorrow.  Some of the sections the 50k will be ran on the 10th.  Checked the long-range forecast and ordered a pair of arm warmers.  It's calling for upper 30's than morning and a high around 60.  Should be perfect and the leaves are just starting to show some color.  It will probably peak in color in 3 weeks I bet.  Ordered a pair of Montrail Hardrocks from Geartrade to try out next week also.  Got a discontinued color for $42.00.  I've decided to take two pairs of shoes to the Ozark 100 and want a good trial for the second pair. 

Pam:  Hope Frankie is continuing to improve.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

GOODBYE. I am done.

I asked to make this group private so that my goals would not be out where others can see them. And so that I can talk about my training without worrying about it being posted elsewhere.

So thank you all, but i'm done.

Well his fever has broke *knock on wood* Thanks everyone!!!

As for JF no one mentioned your name anywhere! I mentioned that a birdie told me that a swampette was looking to go sub 20. What do you expect with having THAT goal??? BTW you did an AWESOME JOB today (if you are still here to see this) I have this funny feeling that if you HAD gone sub 20 everyone and their brother would know it. Anyway good luck with your goals!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Good afternoon you all.

I'm sorry that you're upset, Shan.  I do hope you reconsider.  That's a great time for a 5K.  I always like reading your reports and hearing how your training is going.  I"ll be sending you a message privately too.  

Pam- glad to hear that Frankie's fever has broken.  That's great news.

Hey Vixidu-  curious about the allergies.   How did you know to get it checked out?  I feel like I want to go to see an allergist since I get sinus headaches every couple of weeks or so.

sounds like good runs for pace and paul.   Pace, what's next for you?

Well, apparently I don't know how to read an elevation map.  THAT WAS HARD!!!   Smile  I know, nothing compared to what you all run sometimes, and I definitely don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but some of those hills were so huge!!   I loved it... it was awesome.  I would say, the only bad thing about the race was that my watch died even though I charged it.  So, I never really knew exactly how I was doing... tried to run on feel and ask people around me.

I think my time was 1:52 or so... based on what I saw on the clock at the finish.  I was hoping to go 1:49, but no biggie, considering the heat and the hills... can't believe how warm it was today.  80 degrees and sunny at the finish.

I think you'll be glad that you didn't choose to run this one, Lou.  The full marathoners were beat.  I know some friends who ran the full who struggled with the hills big time.

A fun race, though, all in all.

Good weekend to you all!

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, I don't quite know what all has happened with Shan, but I went from envying that 5k time to scratching my head.  Hope she'll come back.

Good job on a tough course, Kim.

Paul

Paul I'll tell you what happened.

I posted in the racing thread in the swamp that a birdie told me a swampette was looking to go sub 20.  Now I don't think Shan would have had a problem if she HAD gone sub 20. She'd be the first to post it on her wall on FB then broadcast it in the Swamp. However she did not.  Personally I'm flabergasted that she had the nerve to even think about going sub 20 for todays race. And even though I'm not now or ever looking to go sub 20 for a 5k I think it's a slap in the face to anyone who's worked their tail ends off to even shave a minute or so off their 5k.  As a future goal once she's starting doing the hard work it takes to get there I wouldn't even blink my eye. Anyway I'm still fuming and if you guys want me to leave so miss Shan can come back so be it.  Like I said for a future goal once she's done some really hard work I could care less what her goal is however right now at this time is another matter.

BTW I didn't call her out until WELL AFTER she posted on here and left etc etc. 

GREAT JOB on the race Kimmie!!!

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, I hate that, but thanks for the explanation.  Hate it played out the way it did because that doesn't seem like much of a big deal to me.  Just more proof that it's true...bad things happen in the Swamp.  

Paul