Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Wow! Looks like we had some awesome performances this weekend. Nice job Dave and Kimmie! Jeremy - welcome! Bugs - There's something about women wearing plastic and running that makes me swoon Big grin I've got not much to report, running consistently and well (although I missed yesterday's recovery run - first missed workout in several weeks). Saturday I did one of the long runs with some cruise intervals thrown in ala Daniels. It was fairly brutal. Last little bit felt like trying to finish a HM for which I started too fast. Good runs to all.

Bugs

Race Listing November 2nd Erika - New York City Marathon Goal - finish without the need of crutches Wink November 16th Brian - Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. Goal - Keep up with Dad December 7th Murphy - Vegas Marathon Goal - Sub 5 Shan - Brian's Run January 11, 2009 jhallum - Disney Marathon Erika -Disney Marathon March 21, 2009. Dave - National Marathon Goal - Sub 3:30 April 20, 2009 Erika - Boston Marathon May 8th, 2009 Bugs - Fargo Marathon May 23rd, 2009 Inertia - Bayshore Marathon

Bugs

Dave

Bugs, my next race is the National Marathon, 21 March 2009. No goal yet. Small correction on the race report, I actually took 4 gu packs total and about a half a pack of those bean things they were handing out. Also had gatorade/powerade intermittently. I think my nutrition plan worked for the most part. Morning after soreness is certainly worst than day of the race. Went into work anyway because of an important meeting. Hopefully will quit early though. Racing a marathon hard does feel very different from running to finish. I have a new respect for the people who do this regularly.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, I should come do the half with you. Seriously, I want to do a half about two months prior to marathon and the only way to do that is to fly as it is still winter here. If the winter goes well I do plan to fly somewhere to do a HM. I was 4/95 in A.G. and 29/326 for Females. Thank God for slow runners.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - glad to hear you are back at it consistantly. Bugs - I have a 10K planned for Dec 7th - Brian's Run... Would like to do better than I did last year - but sort of doubt it's possible. Last year I went 1:01:11. I'd like to break the 1 hour mark - I probably should have started preparing earlier for that. LOL Dave - glad you are able to move sorry you're so sore.
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm in for Bayshore on May 23rd next year. I just added it to the calander. Goal: PR (too soon for anything specific, too afraid to put a number out just yet) Smile

Bugs

Dave - glad you are able to move sorry you're so sore.
                I think it is funny. Smile

Bugs

Kimmie

Next big one: Myrtle Beach Marathon- Feb. 14th Probably do a 10K here on Thanksgiving. Very sore today. I have a huge blister on the top of my toe. Has anyone had their's drained before? yuck... I did it once and I think I need to do it again. Gotta find the foot docs #. I hear you Dave. I went in to work at the gym this morning and was moving slow. Smile

Dave

Dave, I should come do the half with you. Seriously, I want to do a half about two months prior to marathon and the only way to do that is to fly as it is still winter here. If the winter goes well I do plan to fly somewhere to do a HM.
                    If you decide to come, you've got a place to stay and transportation. The National is a very different course from the USMC but it does let you see more of DC.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

oh yeah, bugs, you should come. I'll run the half with you! I love the National. And if you want to stay here, you are welcome. Dave and I will duke it over you! Smile Dave, are you running today? Sounds crazy, but I just might... work out the soreness and all.

Dave

Uh... No. I'm not. I did walk from the parking lot to my office though. Slowly Shocked

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

oh yeah, bugs, you should come. I'll run the half with you! I love the National. And if you want to stay here, you are welcome. Dave and I will duke it over you! Smile
                          OK! If I can get cheap tickets or hopefully Frequent Flyer miles tickets I will in for sure. That sounds fun. I'll get everybody's races in the list later.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

when's the half??? maybe i'll come down too!!

Bugs

when's the half??? maybe i'll come down too!!
                              I assume the National Marathon, Washington D.C. Registration is Open now. I'll check for tickets tonight. Would be nice if Erika could come too.

Bugs

Bugs

Kimmie, Do you think I'd have to rent a car? I don't know where you are from D.C. Hym..is D.C. the right airport to fly into?

Bugs