Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/22/09 (Read 346 times)

Kimmie

Hey Perry-

You running a 5K on 4th of July?  I was looking at one in Alexandria.... that's far for you , though isn't it?  Still not sure where you are in relation to where I am.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm still mulling over a biathlon (ocean swim/run) on the 5th in Delaware -- but I'm afraid of jellyfish, and haven't made up my mind. Which 5K?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

Easy 4 today early this morning.  Wife is currently getting her knee scoped, so after that I get to take care of her all afternoon.  She responds pretty poorly to any anesthetic, so she's pretty much a wreck for the rest of the day.  Will know pretty soon if everything is a-ok.

Dave

I'm jealous of all the good running but have gotten in some good stair workouts.  While carrying boxes .

Loading today.  Finishing up painting and cleaning tomorrow and then on the road.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Hey Perry-   It's actually an 8K and only $5.00.  I'll look up the URL.  I guess it's a small local race.

I want to run this race tomorrow night so bad just to see what I can do, but i've already committed to helping people, so this 8K might be the trick.

http://www.pvtc.org/welcome.html

Anyone else local welcome to join us!!!  Smile  good for you on the swimming too,   I swam yesterday and I feel like such a slug.  There is no way I can do a tri until I take lessons.  I feel like I can't breathe.  is it just baby steps?  I don't have the time or money for lessons right now.  I am amazed that my little girls can swim laps for 45 minutes and I can't do 10 minutes.

Jeremy, hope your wife gets to feeling better quick.

Dave, just keep giving us those updates-   I think carrying boxes and climbing stairs counts.

Don't know if I'll get a run in today or not, depends on when DH gets home.

Bugs

Dave,

Those arms are going to be pumped up when you're all moved.

Kim,

Good Luck at the race.

Jeremy,

What's wrong with your wife's knee? Is she a runner too?

Had therapy on my quad today. I could tell in the marathon it wasn't quite right. Walking sucked this morning, and was desperate so I went to a guy my massage therapist recommended. Turns out this chiropractor is my second cousin, our grandfathers are brothers. We're both from ND, 500 miles away. FUNNY! (He was good at this graston and he only charges $20.)

Bugs

Dave

I was in such a hurry earlier, I'm just getting caught up.

Great mile time, Kim.  Huge accomplishment going under 7. 

Well, its all on the truck.  They ran out of room (big truck but they had loaded up someone elses stuff in the front) and they had to rent a u-haul to cross load into another truck.  Still, they were careful and I'm hopeful we won't have any real damage. 

I really should log all the lifting and stairs.  I'm wiped out but at least feel like I got a good workout out of the deal.  One more night in the hotel here in VA, then some more painting, mowing, and cleaning on the house for the renters.  Hitting the road by about 1PM hopefully.  I'll catch up from eastern Ohio tomorrow.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good morning, everyone!

Best of luck today to Erika in Seattle!

Jeremy hope your wife came through ok.

Good travels, Dave!  I bet you're glad I couldn't meet on Wednesday -- seems like you had your hands full with all the packing.

I'm taking a few days off completely -- maybe I mentioned that.  Will start running again on Monday.  So far I can't tell the difference.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Jeremy,

What's wrong with your wife's knee? Is she a runner too?

Nah, she's always had knee problems, she's got a touch of cartilage missing in her right knee, along with a plica (a flap of skin that pinches when the knee gets inflamed). So they went in and burned out the plica, and made sure that the the cartilage loss hasn't gotten worse.  So far so good.  Everything went smashingly well, and we think she'll be completely mobile by Monday.

Today's race was slow.  Hilly, hot and slow.  But I'm happy with it, I think...

Cashmason

http://www.buysafesea.com/

Perry,

Here is what triathletes use to render Jellyfish harmless:  see above

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Seriously? I've never heard of that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Good travels, Dave!  I bet you're glad I couldn't meet on Wednesday -- seems like you had your hands full with all the packing.

I'm taking a few days off completely -- maybe I mentioned that.  Will start running again on Monday.  So far I can't tell the difference.

I think its safe to say that better judgement won out but it would've been nice to link up with everyone before I left.

I'm looking forward to getting some runs in again once we get settled.  Just too tough right now through the move.  The loading/lifting was a good hard day.

Spent yesterday finishing up painting and getting the house clean for the tenants.  It looked great when we were done but it took a little longer than expected.  On the road by 5PM, drove until 11 and made it just about halfway.  DW and DD's see the house for the first time today.  I'm excited.  I think they're going to love it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave - I know the stereotype is that military families move all the time, but I don't know your history -- how long was your stay in the DC area?  Is this the first time your daughters have moved?  Are they excited?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

The stereotype is true.  At least for me.

We were in DC 3 years.  Before that 5 years in NJ (which was a long assignment).  I've moved 11 times in 21 years.  9 times as a married couple.  This is 4 moves for my oldest.  I think it gets harder each time..

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Wow very quiet this weekend! Twins spent the weekend at inlaws so dh and I had a date weekend. I managed to get dh out to run both Sat and today WOOOT. I'm hoping he'll keep it up now that the best time to run is before or after work.  Maybe if I go out and buy him some new running socks etc he'll feel obligated to use them lol.

Anyway can't wait to hear race reports!

Got 4 miles in with dh yesterday. 16 this morning and looking to get out tonight after inlaws leave.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Hope Kimmie's long run wasn't too hot and is (or will be) going well! Hope to hear all who've had injuries are feeling better this coming week!

I'm excited cause the kids start day camp and training starts!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson