Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/1/09 (Read 321 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Man, Bugs, that's hardcore.  I don't know if I'd want to associate with him if he keeps that kind of attitude up.  Sounds like he believes in his plan a little too much, and not enough to adjust it to work with his athletes. 

Good luck and rest up!

WOW Bugs!!  I'm really suprised at how Nobby reacted. Well at least you're headed down the right path for recovery!

Tonight was the 2nd 5k in the summer series I'm doing.  I wasn't sure I was going to be up to running it today however my legs are feeling pretty good (for the most part). Anyway I figured that it wouldn't be an all out race, that if I was lucky I'd be able to muster up a tempo run. Before the race I thought I'd be lucky to pull 8 minute miles so I can't complain at all about how the race went. I think if I hadn't been worried about the big hill around mile 2 I could of gone a little faster. However I wasn't sure how my legs were going to respond. Needless to say they responded much better then I had expected. Finishing time was 24:12.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Thanks Guys. Everyday I feel better. I wouldn't trade you guys for any running coach.

Bugs

Sigh.  Up at 3:40 for a 9 miler.  I need this weekend to arrive to catch up on my sleep a bit.  Somehow I lost all that I'd gained last week in South Carolina.

9.2 miles, 1:12:43, 7:54/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Almost forgot to mention that the running conditions here are absolutely ideal: while overcast and humid, the temp was only 56°F, which made it perfect!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey you guys!!!!   

i've missed you all....  Smile   I had a blast in Myrtle Beach!!   We totally lucked out on the weather.  Sunny skies, 90 degrees.  We stayed at the Grande Dunes Marriott, right on the water, and laid out by the pool and boogie boarded and swam in the ocean.  I am a total beach girl and I think DD1 is becoming one too.  Even though school is not out here for another 12 days, we pulled them out so the girls and I could accompany DH on this trip.  His speech went really well, but he did need to work a good bit of the time.  I can't complain, though, cuz I was living the good life.

Ran each day I was there, but not more than 4 miles- needed to get it in before DH had to leave- and no way was I going to wake up early.  Smile  I loved being able to run parts of the marathon course.  I think I will have that course forever burned in my memory.  

Sorry to hear about your difficulties Bugs.  I would be frustrated as well.  Hang in there!!

Hi Dave, Jeremy, Pam, Erika, Lou, Mr. I, Murphy, Cash and Perry!

Glad your back Kimmie and glad you had a great time!!

Ok everyone believe it or not. I MAY be running a marathon this Sunday!  Gotta call my mom and work details out. Find out exactly how far I'll be from there on Saturday. Find out if I can pick up race packet on race day etc. If I am running it I'll be registered by tomorrow AM.

CRAP!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ha, nothing like a spur of the moment marathon Smile

(Not that I've done one myself -- closest was a spur of the month marathon, for me.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Pam,

That is so cool. Do it. Sounds like fun. You're my idol.

Anyone ever done the P90X program? I really want to start more strength stuf and work some other body parts. I'm a Pam and Kim wanna-be.  DH is working on getting me a chin-up bar now.

Bugs

Kimmie

Anyone ever done the P90X program? I really want to start more strength stuf and work some other body parts. I'm a Pam and Kim wanna-be.  DH is working on getting me a chin-up bar now.

That's funny...  I've been talking about doing this program.  A friend of mine is going to lend me the tapes when she comes to visit in July-  so I'll be starting it then.  i've heard great things.

Bugs

Kim,

COOL! I ordered the P90X. I'm not sure how I'm going to mix them with running but I'm excited to here your ideas on that. I'm going to do the nutrition program too. 

Bugs

Dave

One of my co-workers did it.  Seemed to work well for him.  Then he tore his knee out playing hockey and lost all his muscle tone.

I figure I have enough trouble chasing off all the ladies. 

I'm staying scrawny.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I'm staying scrawny.

Army Dudes can't be scrawny.  You got that big fancy exercise room in the new house. Would be perfect for a chin-up bar.

Bugs

As I remain only a runner, my arms will remain of the noodle variety 

(i.e., I ain't doin' no stinkin' workout)

Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thanks Bugs!

I"M DOING IT!!!! Just too good to pass up. Not like I'm in that neck of the woods that often!

I"M TOTALLY PSYCHED!!!

Dave

Woohoo, Pam!  Hope you have a great time!

5.5 for me tonight in light rain.  Felt really good with lower temps.  Below MP for the last 3 miles.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com