Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning all. Running is going well. Did 15 on the TM this past weekend and felt like another 1-3 would be in order, but itme was short. Nice and relaxed the whole way, did a few pickups including the final mile at race pace. Finializing my schedule for Bayshore, I've got Feb all planned out. I miss being more social with you guys. Good runs to all.
      Hi, Mr I! 15 on a TM -- I can't imagine.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - you are amazing!! I can't do the TM for very long. I hope things are going well for you! Thanks for the recognition everyone.
          Nice run Mr. Inertia! NICE long run yesterday Erika! Good luck at the doctors Lou! I've tried a camelbak and LOVED it until I started having problems with chaffing. For some odd reason my body shape has changed and I can't find a camelbak that fits snug enough *sigh* 5.5 easy miles done with Dh this morning. I think dh's legs are starting to remember what running is. May or may not get in another run this afternoon. Totally depends on if dh sucks me into spending the afternoon with him. I'll also get a weight session in tonight as well.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Lou, rest days aren't so bad. Interesting on the BP though... running or any kind of workout raises mine, which I've heard is typical. Oh, and on the relay thing it was funny... Souci, Mustang and I all got coffee at a stop before we started our last legs. mcsolar did the "tsk! tsk!" thing on it being a diuretic and we needed to be well hydrated, etc. I can see his point, but with the amount of coffee we normally drink I think the diuretic effect would be minimal and the caffeine WD would be severe! (besides... plain water is a diuretic, too!) We enjoyed our coffee and Roll eyes at him. I like that Mr. I stops in to start the weekly thread, but sorta wish he'd stick around more often. He must be my TM buddy, too, cuz I don't think 15 miles on the TM is any huge stretch... Smile

Bugs

I asked the team leader about the drinking, they don't drink beer in the van, but sometimes when the van stops they do. I can live with that. I only know one person on this team so it'll be interesting. I had a nice 6 miles today, 11F today that felt darn right warm. I've been asked to do another virtual 5K. I'm thinking Wed. These are like pop quizes. Hey can you run fast today? Wink I'll try to be a better planner.

Bugs

Kimmie

I realized that I posted on the wrong weekly thread. If it wasn't for Mr.I, it would be Wednesday before I realized that their was new week started. Smile So, I was pretty excited to run 9 miles today on the treadmill. For me, 9 on a treadmill is long. I really wanted to be outside but just in case the cold air aggravated the cough, I decided to go inside. Yay! I'm pretty excited that today's run went off without a hitch. Of course, 9 is not 26..... so we'll see.... No matter what, Myrtle Beach is going to be fun. My cousin has a plan to bring along a babysitter for his kids and our kids, so we'll have the option to go out Saturday night. good running you all.... you're all putting in some mileage.

Oh Mighty Wing

3 today - ran with a friend... it was colder than I was dressed for - weird...

Dave

Bugs, I thought high school was sort of the idea behind those relays Wink I spent the day locked in a classroom. Ran out of energy for a weekly summary. Also didn't run today. Tomorrow is a new day. Nice to see you back running, Kimmie.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nice runs peeps! Got in another 4.1 easy miles as well as a great workout with dh.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Very cool Kimmie!! Glad to hear you got in such a great run!

Cashmason

Good job Kimmie and Mr I on the long treadmill runs. Erika, you are spot on about the coffee. Old school says its diuretic, newer studies show if you are used to it, it doesnt affect you much. And caffeine is also a performance enhancer. I would be more concerned about a car freshner, with all those stinky bodies in a small space for many hours

Bugs

Dave, Did you go back to highschool so you could drink more beer? Kim & Inertia, Great job on the TM. I'm having an affair with mine. I would rather run 3 hours on it than out in the cold, but seems you get use to running on a TM and it becomes easy. I'm trying harder to get my butt outside. I ran 30 minutes nice and steady clip then almost puked taco. It was great. I like these rest weeks. My mpw should do doing a wavy thing for awhile.

Bugs

Cashmason

Taught an hour of spin then 7 miles on the treadmill.
                                Yawn. Good morning! 11 planned this morning -- I'll probably just update this post if no one posts in between now and when I finish Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com