Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

Cashmason

Good Morning Lou ! For those of you who train and race with heart rate monitors. http://www.teamoregon.com/publication/online/wizard.php A calculator to predict your race time over various distances based on a recent race, And suggested training paces and heart rates. Also suggested heart rate to maintain for a goal race. As always, this can vary based on the conditions that day, and may or may not work for you. Just a starting point. Good Night Lou, its my bed time 1 :15 am.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - thanks for being a wealth of information!! Good morning Lou! I'm getting ready to head to work to do the first run of the day.
        Gee, Cash, you stay up late. And Shan is an early riser. I blew off my planned 6 tempo miles, but ran 11 @ about MP. This was right for today -- just a little run down so the tempo would have been a bit too much. 11.1 miles, 1:29:26, 8:03/mi, AHR 154 (77% MHR) All this in a light snow. I guess 1/2" was on the ground in places by the time I finished.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

2 miles on the dreadmill. The snow is falling here too. Should make for an interesting afternoon run. Lou - nice adjustment! And best to listen to yourself. I get up at 5 that's nothing compared to you! Next week I might try to get up a little earlier so I can increase my morning runs.
          Kimmie

I will be running on the treadmill at the gym a little later after I take the girls sledding..... Does anyone want to run this relay with me? We need one more female http://www.americanodysseyrelay.com/
              Plan on running tonight. Ive got to work on mainaining my motivation. I suck. ultrasound today to find due date. And to confirm that theres just one baby in there.
                That looks fun, Kimmie. Ive always been intrigued by the 24 hour or so relays. Looks like a blast.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah murphy I can't wait to hear the results!!! I bet in a week or so you might find the motivation...
                    Nice run Lou!!! Have fun taking the girls sledding Kimmie!! BTW that relay looks cool and I'd LOVE to do it if it wasn't so far away Sad Good luck at the U/S Murphy! BTW just don't pass out if there's two Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

And Murphy- no saying, "I suck" Running is supposed to be fun.... find the fun and then you will find the motivation.... hopefully that makes sense. Yay on the ultrasound. I miss those days! kind of.... Smile
                        ultrasound today to find due date. And to confirm that theres just one baby in there.
                        Don't the find the due date by counting the number of weeks since the last period anymore? Kimmie - I am sure my wife would love to do the relay, especially as it's local, but we will have just taken the previous weekend off to go to Boston. (And she'd know how envious I'd be if I didn't get to do it with her -- but that's besides the point Wink )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Apparently we've already found the 12th person.... she's a strong runner too. I've never run one of these before... I'm kind of excited but also freaked out... I have no idea if I'm going to be able to run at 3 am or whatever... we'll see.... I must freak out about my marathon first. My training was so iffy this time around... don't know how it's going to go.... 19 more days to figure it out. I feel like I ran Marine Corps well and to the best of my ability, so maybe I'll just copy that plan and shoot for a BQ another time. We'll have to do a Team Blister relay in the future... Smile wouldn't that be fun?
                            10 miles @ 8:19 average pace here are the splits Interval 1 Mi 9:00 Interval 1 Mi 8:24 Interval 1 Mi 8:08 Interval 1 Mi 8:27 Interval 1 Mi 8:00 Interval 1 Mi 8:02 Interval 1 Mi 8:51 Interval 1 Mi 7:53 Interval 1 Mi 7:53 Interval 1 Mi 8:25 I labeled it a fartlek since after my first mile warm up I was alternat med easy, med and hard. Tough workout ,though it felt good. ALMOST got a 10 mile PR lol.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Don't the find the due date by counting the number of weeks since the last period anymore? U/S is much more accurate as well. If the woman is in her 30's that's another reason they would get one earlier.

Apparently we've already found the 12th person.... she's a strong runner too. I've never run one of these before... I'm kind of excited but also freaked out... I have no idea if I'm going to be able to run at 3 am or whatever... we'll see.... I must freak out about my marathon first. My training was so iffy this time around... don't know how it's going to go.... 19 more days to figure it out. I feel like I ran Marine Corps well and to the best of my ability, so maybe I'll just copy that plan and shoot for a BQ another time. We'll have to do a Team Blister relay in the future... Smile wouldn't that be fun?
                                Relays sound like such fun!! You will be able to run at 3 am if you have too. I know of a few peeps who relaxed their goal on a marathon then SMASHED it! Something about being more relaxed.