Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

Dave

Treadmill? What's that? Smile 1-2" of snow/ice on the streets this morning, but the yaktrax worked well. It was somewhat more effort running through that muck than it would have been on dry streets, though. The freezing rain pu 1/4" sheen of ice on me by the time I was done. Finished up with some shoveling and then some core work. 6.0 miles, 56:21, 9:20/mi, AHR 140 (70% MHR) After our run, PDR said, "this isn't normal".
    Wow, Lou. Did PDR run with you? That isn't normal. No chance I was going to try and run in this stuff. My driveway street are a solid sheet of ice. 2 hour delay on work this morning but I have no idea how I'm going to even get out of my street.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

we've got rain now. 2 and change this morning. It's warming a little so hopefully by this afternoon roads will just be wet.

Hail to The Victors!

I don't treadmill often, only on the absolute worst days: Really, I have some questions for you treadmillers... ready? 1. Do you listen to music while on the mill? Yes 2. Do you watch TV? Movies? Usually, no. The places I've been going to don't have them. 3. Do you vary the speed and incline so as not to get bored? Usually, no, I'm usually running them as easy runs. 4. Do you ever stop to get water? Nope. 5. Do you try to match the pace of the person next to you at the gym? Nope. 6. Do you wear shorts? Yep. ---- 8 indoors on the track for me today. We have a couple on the ground, with a couple more on the way, so I'm feeling like its an indoors day.

Bugs

I'm mad at my legs, or my leg are mad me, take your pick. My calves are tight and being stubborn. Cry Still running today, massage tomorrow, rest on Friday. Dave, I was working on a client non-production server today and somebody named "David Bassett" had created a project "Try to Kill". Pretty sure it was not you, but was freakie seeing your name. Your twin works for Kelvin Hughes apparently.

Bugs

Bugs

This would be my husband's answers:
            1. Do you listen to music while on the mill?
            No country is the wrong beat.
            2. Do you watch TV? Movies?
            TV Always, Movie would make me run too long.
            3. Do you vary the speed and incline so as not to get bored?
            YES, I go slower. Running fast hurts
            4. Do you ever stop to get water?
            I stop to get beer. (Seriously)
            5. Do you try to match the pace of the person next to you at the gym?
            I run in my pajama pants so I only run at home
            6. Do you wear shorts?
            Pajama pants, don't own shorts, despite the nagging of my wife but the pants match my slippers that I run in.

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs, that's funny. I'd be scared to think what my DH would write up!! Pam, RAL is "Run At Lunch" just like RAW is "Run After Work" (my norm) and RBW is, well you get the idea. Our cold temps are back. It's actually gotten colder as the day has gone on. Clear blue skies mean high pressure and cold temps. Oh boy. -30 out there now, was -27 on my way in to work. I brought stuff to RAW on my regular Wednesday evening 8 mile route, but I could be easily talked out of it. I'd like to get another "more miles than degrees" run today, so may cut it short and head home? What the heck, once I'm out there I'll probably just finish but man I don't feel like it today!! Hey, forgot my headlamp, maybe that's the way out (even though there are streetlights on most of this route...). Ok, I'm pretty fed up with winter already. Usually this doesn't hit me till Valentine's Day so I must be getting old and cranky.

Bugs

3.1 miles in 25:48, 8:18 pace, not smoken fast but calves were working today and the fresh air sure helps perk my mood up. Erika, I too am sick to death of winter, seems we either get lots of cold or snow and this year we had to put up with both. At least we're getting closer to spring. Suppose to be 30F this weekend for us, the LR will be outside for once.

Bugs

Oh ok Thanks for xplaning that to me Smile Sorry to hear about your cold temps Erika Sad Seems to be a real cold one everywhere though I have to say I'm glad I don't live where you do! Well whatever you do hope it's enjoyable! NICE run Bugs!!! 5.5 miles in the freezing rain/slush etc. ALMOST bagged running period since the roads looked terrible, glad I didn't! Had 2 runs planned but very happy to have gotten the one that I did done.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - that's mighty speedy in my book! another 4.
                      Wow, Lou. Did PDR run with you? That isn't normal. No chance I was going to try and run in this stuff. My driveway street are a solid sheet of ice. 2 hour delay on work this morning but I have no idea how I'm going to even get out of my street.
                      PDR runs at the same times I run but we rarely run together. We just don't run at the same pace. I did get major "sweetie points" when we were camping this summer in Maine and ran 19 with her the whole way, though. Bugs -- fast! Funny your DH's answers. I guess I normally RBD Erika you could have sat and drank coffee for more miles than degrees (0 > -30) Nice job getting out there rmo5

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Run Before... Dinner? no... Dining? well, could be since it's first thing in the a.m., but doubt it... Dashing off to work?... Driving?... ok, Lou...

Oh Mighty Wing

run before dawn???
                          evanflein

run before dawn???
                            Duh, that's it. How stoopid of me. Not that "predawnrunner" would give me any hints... Blush
                            Cashmason

Old, cranky, and stoopid...... now that is appealing. Wink
                              evanflein