Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - we'll let it slide this time... next time we won't be so nice. Wink OH did I tell you guys i won shoes??? Pretty cool!
      OH did I tell you guys i won shoes??? Pretty cool!
      Cool! How'd you win these? Our BFM on Fridays seems to be half day rather than all day -- this is a good change and will allow me to get work done in the remaining hours.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

BFM??? Before Friday Miles... I went to a nutrition clinic at the running store and they had a raffle. My name got pulled. I've never won anything in a raffle before!!! I think tomorrow after my run i'll go get the shoes!! MTA: Hey Dave, guess whose catching up to your YTD mileage???? Evil grin
        evanflein

Cool, Shan. I'd love to win shoes. Best I can hope for is a good sale, but hardly ever happens to the models I wear. Kimmie, you crack me up. Glad you're on top of things. BFM... has to do with boring something meetings, I'm betting. We used to have some sort of office meetings on Friday afternoons from 2-4 pm. What sort of sadist would do that? Happy to say, those didn't last long.. We got snow! Too much, IMO. Just after the plows had done such a nice job, too. This sucks. Going into the weekend, we may not see plows till next week. Not sure what sort of stoopid logic is behind that, but if it snows on Thursday/Friday, it just sits there and gets rutted up and drifty all weekend, then plowed maybe mid-next week. Sort of ruins the running plans... I might RAL, but just a little bitty run. Just enough to see what Rachel Ray is cooking up for dinner. I sure get some good ideas from that Food Network!

Oh Mighty Wing

ooohhhh Erica that makes soo much sense!!! The meeting thing!!! sorry about the snow that sucks. And I've never tried those type of shoes - so hopefully they are comfortable. Otherwise that's sort of sad.
            Kimmie

easy 5- outside for the first time in over a week....yay! I had one of those runs where I was deliriously happy the whole time. It's quieter around here than usual. Awesome win Shan!

Dave

MTA: Hey Dave, guess whose catching up to your YTD mileage???? Evil grin
                Don't declare victory quite yet. 10 and change for me today. Wanted to run it easy but the weather was nice and I had no self control. 8:24 pace, 149 AHR. Sorry to hear about all the snow, Erika.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Sorry about the snow Erika! Nice to hear you got out for your run Kimmi! Nice run Dave!! Got 12. 5 miles today with a friend. We ran a local race course that I may be running in April. Challenging course definitely not a PR course however not as hard as the last 10 mile race I did. The scenery was gorgeous and I actually took some pics (I may post later) Very enjoyable run!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

We love pictures... (hint!) Cool
                      Here's a couple. I still haven't gotten the hang of my new phone's camera Photobucket Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

BFM... has to do with boring something meetings
                        Ding, ding ding -- yes, we have a winner! Smile Nice pics, Pam!

Oh Mighty Wing

only 5 more this afternoon. my first mile was on ice and that just took alot out of my legs. I'm contemplating not running "long" this weekend and instead doing two mid-long runs (10ish). We'll see how I feel after tomorrow's run. MTA: I just re-read this and it doesn't sound like me posting... it sounds like someone else... crazy
                            Because of the super bowl, I have switched my long run to Saturday. This makes me twitch as I'm not the most flexible person in the world. But the alternative is cooking a bunch of chili and hosting a party with 30 homebrewers after running really far, which I don't want to do. So I'll twitch. But I'll run. Tomorrow.

Oh Mighty Wing

haha WRFB I have the same issues - i'm not good with bein' taken out of my routine... but you can handle it! I have trust in you that you will only twitch a little. Smile
                              Cashmason

Great Pics, Pam. Looks like a lovely area to run. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/7854443.stm Interesting data on the Olympics distance runners. Seems like many winners ran their fastest about 3/4 of the way thru the race, and slowed at the finish, while those who ran the fastest at the end finished 3 rd or 4th. Seems they left too much in the tank. The womens 10k winner put up amazing stats, in one case faster than one of the mens 5k finishers.