Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/5 (Read 355 times)

Cashmason

Actually ran 14.8 miles last week. Ran another 3 tonight after teaching an hour of spin. I just log my miles on another site.

Oh Mighty Wing

WOOHOOO CASH!!!
        Cash - I assume you're coming back from an injury? That's good to see. I miscalculated and woke up later than I should have this morning, but still got my planned run in. 8.1 miles, 1:05:05, 8:00/mi, AHR 155 -- including 10x20sec striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey all, Ran 4 easy yesterday and have 10 planned today with some hills thrown in. WRFB- you're fast! Dave- are you feeling beat up on? Bugs- I like what you wrote earlier about common sense and mileage. Obviously, I know to not let others dictate what I should be running... Most of the time I could/should do more, though... especially if I want to run this next marathon well. As for everyone, it's a tough balance to fit everything in: kids, husband, house, work, friends, volunteering... but that is what I love about this group- seeing what other people do and getting inspired... Smile Shan, Erika, Cash, Jeremy, Murphy, Brian, Mr.I: Hello! Jeremy said on FB that he is really ready for this marathon. I'm so excited for Erika and Jeremy. One of my best friends will be there running her second marathon. I really wish I could be there too. My sister lives 10 minutes from Disney- it's on my to do list.
            WRFB- you're fast!
            Thanks. I was surprised at the final pace, but those striders definitely help bring down the overall pace. Now if I can only hold that for 3X plus a bit of the distance, I'd be able to break 3:30. Tried four times. Failed four times. Roll eyes

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

WRFB, You are fast. Hym, maybe I don't drink enough beer. Sidewalks are all ice here so I went to the Y and ran ONE mile. Legs are still recovering from last week's stunt.

Bugs

Kimmie

That's ok bugs. I was supposed to run 10 and only ran 5... not for some good reason like ice but just because I wussed out. It was cold rain here. My legs did feel very tight the whole time and I just didn't think I could add on... I was running with others who only planned on the 5. I think I may be recovering some too... 3 races in 4 days... and I have to run long this weekend- 22 miles is the plan.

Oh Mighty Wing

5 miles with a friend. It was nice and slow. gave the legs a chance shake out.

Bugs

Kim, Who can run three races in one week with no recovery time? Not me, I would have tanked middle of the 10 mile race. I think we've both deserve some rest this week. I will try running tonight, but no more than 30 minutes.

Bugs

Dave

Nice run, Lou. 5 seems to be the mileage of the day. I gave up on the cold rain and hit the treadmill for 5 of my own. Sort of a strange fartlek run with the pace all over the place. 8 on tap for tomorrow. I'm hoping the rain stops.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

DUDE update your log!!

Dave

Uhhh .... Nice to know you care. 0 + 5 = 5

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I ran two. Apparently a radioactive spider or something bit me. Took 17:30 minutes. Guess I'll call that a tempo run. The indoor track is good to learn how to run efficiently. Im excited to keep working at the faster pace and stretching out the mileage. Feel better about the 2 hour haldf marathon goal than I did a week ago.

Oh Mighty Wing

Apparently a radioactive spider or something bit me.
                              Do you now have perfect eye sight and are you all of a sudden more muscular than you were?Tongue
                                just faster. And to clarify it didnt take me 17.5 hours, just 17.5 minutes. Feel it in my shins. I vow to go slower tomorrow for my 5 miler. Also, I sent in my payment for Marathon Maniac membership. Just awaiting confirmation and my MM#