Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/5 (Read 355 times)

Dave

Brian, you've got the best mileage excuse of all. Don't even give it a second thought. Priorities. The last thing I was thinking about when my wife was getting ready to deliver our daughter was running. Of course, we're hoping you carve out a few minutes after the baby is born to post some pictures up on Facebook of your new addition.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

wait Husker has a FB??? why aren't we friends???Cry

Dave

That was a subtle hint to get on there Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Well, I've got one but haven't done a thing with it. When there are pics worth posting, maybe I'll try to get connected with everyone.

Oh Mighty Wing

if nto it's ok! it's not a requirement for participation here!! Smile

Bugs

Brian, Enjoy that new baby. Hopefully he will be here soon. New Flash, sorry but I am not going to Nationals. Kim I thank you for the offer, and I was ready to go but I am nervous that it will look bad, me going without my husband. Husband and I get very along well, but it usually impossible for us both to go anywhere because kids are in school and have their own activiites. We've been together forever, so we don't have kind of relationship you have to watch each other's every move, but still I worry people might misunderstanding that we're not together. Also my good friend is pleading with me to run a 10 miler the weekend before and both would be too much. I am disappointed though, it's like being back in highschool and not going to prom.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - Cry I am sorry, but I totally understand. I just assumed that it was too much money to bring the whole brood and so you and DH thought it would be best for you to come alone. I thought nothing other than that. Anyway, I am sorry we won't get to meet, but maybe at some point I'll make it out your direction to run a marathon and we can hang out then!

Bugs

No Shan, the kids are in school and we are hard core about not letting them miss days. It also becomes less fun traveling with two little kids. We don't have any relatives in town so it's not easy to do anything without them and they deserve our time. Maybe it'll workout a different time, but right now the idea is more of a headache than it's worth so I'm going with my gut.

Bugs

Sorry you wont be there bugs. Understand if its a PITA. I dont have any kids so its a lot easier to do stuff like this. Another banner day at work today. I wll be reporting to the one person in the company I would least want to report to. Completely unrelated to yesterdays problems. Fun times. Its going to be a challenge to keep my streak going today. Gotta run around after work..but I'll sneak im my 3 miles. Tomorrow is scheduled off day. If I run it will be short and easy to keep the momentum and habit of running alive, moreso than to say I have a streak.

Dave

Hope you get the miles in, Murphy. Bugs, sorry you won't be coming. You'll be there in spirit Big grin I got out for 8 today at lunch. Nice and steady. Some snow squalls on the way out but then almost too warm by the end.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Aw Bugs! I'm disappointed but I understand. I know we will meet IRL someday. I''m hoping to make it to track intervals tonight! Smile

Bugs

Thanks Kim. Maybe sometimes a girlfriend and I can come for a marathon. I'd feel better if it was a group thing versus me on my own with a bunch of couples. Some of my runner friends have been talking about traveling to a marathon together, but always so hard to get everyone to sync up.

Bugs

Kimmie

I could have acted single for the weekend. Smile kidding....

Bugs

I could have acted single for the weekend. Smile kidding....
                              That is funny, I say jokes like that and I get in trouble. I told DH I'm not going to D.C. and he said, "What race? when?" These races, running it's all white noise to civilians (non-runners that is).

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

there is a 20% chance i will be spouse less. Bugs - where is your avatar??