Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Cashmason

5 mile run tonight. G/f thinks I am crazy to run at or near midnight. She is right, but I like how quiet it is. Tried to give Lou a chance to start the thread. He posted on last week's thread. Erika, go on a business trip to So Cal from November to April every year. Yes a snowbird. Send your kids to UCLA or Cal State Long Beach, then you can be near them. Then you can run with me, and I promise to help keep your runs at an easy pace. I am a giver that way.
      Well, I posted on last week's thread in response to something there Smile Just a short recovery run this morning -- knee has dull ache but otherwise seems ok. 3.1 miles, 29:18, 9:19/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I just posted on last week's thread. Where's Mr. I? He usually helps us with what day it is.
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm touch and go for now. New job, new schedule - I'm not going to be around tons. I'll drop in and let folks know how I'm doing and I'll skim to find out how you guys are, but if I miss something I hope you won't think I'm rude and insensitive - I'm just adjusting to the new schedule. Running has been going amazingly. Last week was my peak mileage and I topped out at 67. Now I'm going ot ease up a little on the mileage and throw in some VO2Max intervals and some marathon paced runs for the next 5 weeks until taper time. I'm starting to feel confident about Bayshore.
          Kimmie

Nice running Mr. I! When is Bayshore again?
            theyapper

On the road again...

You're killin' it, Mr. I. Amazing work.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Bayshore is going to be epic. 6 miles for me at a medium pace. Ran with some work buddies and ended up pushing it the last mile or so down to a 7:15 pace. I need some slow easy miles. Legs feel pretty good though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

WTG Mr I. My legs are feeling surprisingly good today. I know I should take the day off..but the weather is nice today. Undecided I do need (want) to mix in a faster paced workout this week. Everything last week was at long run pace or a recovery run from the long runs.

Hail to The Victors!

When is Bayshore again?
                    Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Nice work MrI! You are working hard! You will see benefits! 14 today. Wanted to do a pace run in the middle miles today. I think I got down into the 7:15s for the middle 3-5, but my body shut down at 13. Intervals on Friday. I have to come up with a logo/banner for my department at work today, and I've decided that I'm got a long ways to go to be a graphics designer. A loooooong ways.
                      I guess Im running tonight. DW wants to walk..she says for 2 hours. If thats the case, I will get about 10 miles in. If the legs have it in 'em, Im gonna run a bit faster than I have been.
                      evanflein

All good ideas, Cash. But so many people in So Cal... I don't know if I could adjust. Need to live somewhere so DH can pee off any corner of his roof and the neighbors can't see. (can't believe I said that...) Roll eyes Thanks, Lou. I keep telling myself that I'd be perfectly ok with the training I have to just run easy till Boston, and maybe even stick mainly to the pool. That didn't work so well for me for NYC though... but that was coming off a serious injury to my foot (brought on by who knows what... apparently a long plane flight) and I missed most of my long runs before that one. But I want that last long run to "seal the deal" with myself if no one else. Sounds like Mr. Inertia is setting himself up for a great race! End of May seems like such a long ways off, but it's just two months, right? And we'll try to get used to starting the new weeklies, we have enough Easterners around here you'd think it'd be no problem. I'll be pool running tonight while the boys are at soccer.
                        theyapper

On the road again...

Got in an easy 5 miles today. Since I missed my long run last Saturday and did it Sunday instead, this could shape up to be my highest week ever. It's possible that I could be somewhere in the 30-35 range. I really want 100 miles this month, and right now I'm 7.4 miles short. Hmmm...perhaps an easy double tomorrow??

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Cash, I asked my little boy last night, "What should I do so I can be fast runner like you." He paused and said, "Mom you need to bike more." Eight year olds know everything.

Bugs

Got in 10 miles in this morning. Took a nap this afternoon. May or may not take tomorrow off. Depends on the legs. How are you feeling today Shannon? And when do you leave for the west coast? GL this coming weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cash, I asked my little boy last night, "What should I do so I can be fast runner like you." He paused and said, "Mom you need to bike more." Eight year olds know everything.
                                Don't they Roll eyes Though I think your son has something there maybe. One of these years I'm going to start biking.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson