Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Got in an easy 5 miles today. Since I missed my long run last Saturday and did it Sunday instead, this could shape up to be my highest week ever. It's possible that I could be somewhere in the 30-35 range. I really want 100 miles this month, and right now I'm 7.4 miles short. Hmmm...perhaps an easy double tomorrow??
    go with how you feel. Remember 100 is just a number!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice weekly mileage Mr. I! I can't believe our marathons are getting so close! In some ways I wish mine was sooner though I know I'll be glad to get a few more weeks of training in.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Camper

Sweet! I just got tapped out for the #8 slot on the relay team for American Odyssey. Kimmie and Dave do you know your course segments yet?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

Erika, If i had to pee, not sure I would want to take the time to get on the roof.

Dave

go with how you feel. Remember 100 is just a number!
            But its a cool number. Could you just go on a nice slow 8 miler? Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ended up taking the day off from running--as scheduled. My legs need the rest. That should enable me to push the pace for at least a few of my miles tomorrow.
              Kimmie

Sweet! I just got tapped out for the #8 slot on the relay team for American Odyssey. Kimmie and Dave do you know your course segments yet?
                Cool! I'm runner #2... I wonder if we'd be able to meet up. I have no idea how this is going to work. I'm a little nervous about it. Rocken- sorry I forgot what marathon you are running and when it is. Paul- I can see why you would want 100 for the month. I belong to the 1500 mile group... last year, I think I ended up with 1200 something.
                  I had the 2nd most miles in the 1000 mile group last week..Im still a significant ways behind the bunny even for that group. I could reasonably catch the 1500 mile bunny. It is hard to slack for 2 months, and get to 2000. It is very tough to not run tonight. Thats a good feeling actually.
                    Are you all on the same team? How many legs do you run?
                    theyapper

On the road again...

But its a cool number. Could you just go on a nice slow 8 miler? Evil grin
                      I was thinking of 2 nice, slow 4 milers. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Are you all on the same team? How many legs do you run?
                        3 different teams, I think. I made myself an alternate since I wasn't sure I could commit to the time or money. So I'm not running anymore.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie I'm running Run for the Red (Pocono marathon) on May 17th.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: I hope I get the chance to meet you and Dave. From what I understand, the time your team starts depends upon the average mile pace submitted for the team. I imagine my team will have an earlier start. I think the time turned in for the group was 9:15mm. Slower teams start earlier. Murph: We are on different teams doing the same relay. I wanted a run time after midnight to get some practice running at that time. I'm going to need it for the Ultra. It will also give me some daylight to see the sights. Looking forward to seeing the battlefields and the monuments. MTA: Double 8's today. 16 & change total.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Kimmie I'm running Run for the Red (Pocono marathon) on May 17th.
                              Darn, that course looks amazing (not a BQ course because of the elevation change?). I'm still looking for the right marathon as a followup. I might've done that one but I've got to travel that day on business.No

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Hey Pam, I have a friend who is running that marathon and she's trying to get me to go with her. I'll be happy if my body can handle this 10 miler on Sunday and then the relay... Pace- we're starting at 7:30 on Friday- Our group has a pretty wide range of paces... with me being one of the slowest. Smile It would be cool to meet up. I am seriously afraid of getting lost in the dark. Cry