Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Happy Camper

Nice runs Dave & Lou. Lou the pizza sounds really good. I've gotten too fond of the Boboli crusts. Bet yours is better. JF: Congrats! What a beautiful experience! FWIW I would rather carry two handhelds than work with a camelback. I have both. Camelback tends to rub me raw on longer runs. Jel flask holder on the handheld is nice also. 14-miles on single-track mud and grass trails. It's been a drier Spring so far here so only one real soak your feet water crossing. Each loop is 7- miles so two loops today. Heart rate was good. Time was slow. Good training for ultra. I think that will be the weekend routine. Go for 20 on Saturday. Trail run Sunday's to get used to the roots and rocks on tired feet. Need some new trail shoes and gators. 104 miles for the week. I'll see what I can push out next week.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

104 miles for the week.
      Holy crap! That's some mileage! How are you feeling after that?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey you all! Some great racing there Shan. I know you had to love the views. P2r- you sound like you have some good running routes. Well, I am really happy with my race. ended up with a 1:22:20- 8:14 pace. Speaking of watches, Bugs, I left the house with my Garmin and right before the race started, it died. So, I ran this race with no watch. Because of the size of the field, the start is in waves. I wasn't sure how long it took to cross the start, but I tried to do the math every time I saw a clock at a mile marker. So, I tried to go by feel. At the end, I felt I had some in the tank, you know, when do you kick it in debate? So, I didn't have the trusty Garmin to tell me how much longer and I thought for sure that the finish was right around the corner. Well, I went nuts sprinting and passing people only to round the corner and still not see the finish. And I had fried my legs with that sprint, like a dork. So, we have around a 1/4 mile to go and I feel like I need to walk. But I didn't.... I was sucking wind bad at the end. All in all, I was pleased... this is a PR at this distance- 2 minutes or so. And I didn't feel prepared at all to run today. Haven't been feeling great lately. But what a difference between this race and the National. I just felt strong and like I could have had a faster time, even. I was surprised at how crowded it was even with the wave start. All in all, a good day.... glad to get a decent workout in. My friends did well too.

Happy Camper

Awesome race Kimmie! With that split for 10-miles you should have an awesome American Odyssey. No wonder your team is starting at 7:30 pm. Lou: I feel okay. No muscle issues. Took Advil twice this week. Thing I have had to watch most is the Runners Rage. I haven't done 100-mile weeks since 2007. My weight was better then but I have ran over 3,000 mile since 07 and if anything my legs have toughend up and are better able to deal with the stress. Core work has helped also. Next week will be the real test. I was never able to do back to back 100's before and my pace per mile really slowed. Hope the weather allows me to keep doing doubles. Right now the first part of next week looks like crap.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - awesome job!!!! P2R - don't worry about the pace! Awesome job on your week!!!
              DAMN Pace nice weekly milage!!! I'm jealous! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO Nice race Kimmie!! Congrats on the new PR!! You most definetly ROCKED that race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

5 miles, 57 minutes, 4665 ft. Felt great!
                  Nice run, Shan! The pizza was great. We had let the pepperoni, shall we say, expire, so I nuked some bacon to put on top, and that was perfect. I guess we need to freeze the leftover pepperoni -- I like sausage anyway, but Harriet likes the pep. so we mix it up. Now we like bacon, too.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

mmmmmmmmm now I'm in the mood for pizza Lou, problem is dh is grilling salmon and asparagus for dinner. Oh well at least we've got some GOOOOOOOOOOD dessert for later! Anyway got a 9.5 mile run today. I let my legs dictate how far and how fast I was going to run. Thought about turning around and adding a couple more miles however I could feel gas bubbles forming (darn cheese from the omelets dh made for lunch) so I stretched my normal 9.2 mile run to 9.5. Gorgeous outside with little wind. Would have been nice to have todays weather yesterday.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm running a fever Sad I've been feeling off like my body is fighting something and I've been dealing with stomach aches (dd has the same issue's I have) where dh has a cold and had a high fever. Anyway dh made me take my temp and sure enough it's 100.2. I have a feeling dd and I both have the stomach virus that has been going around the neighborhood we're just too stubborn to keep us down lol. So this thing better take hold so I can get it done and overwith or it's going to be a long week cause I have a hard time staying off my feet unless I feel like I'm ready to die *sigh*

Bugs

I think I might love Kimmie after all, I must have a thing for dam fast ones, good work. Glad you had a good race, after all that sick stuff it was your turn. I may love Shan more though as she's looking really sexy these days. Pam, I love you when you're done with the flu; flu is hardcore but doesn't last as long as a cold usually. Legs feel pretty good, ran 6 miles easy, but think I picked up a cold from my hat.

Bugs

Dave

Legs feel pretty good, ran 6 miles easy, but think I picked up a cold from my hat.
                          From your hat? For real? Nice runs everyone and congrats on the new PR Kim! Hope you feel better, Pam. Amazing mileage week, P2R.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

what is it with these colds/flu's??? Ladies you need to take it easy and get healthy!!! Oh that reminds me... photo's... Ocean Drive Golden Gate Headlands: Afterwards Looking down at the start: From my patio at my hotel:

Oh Mighty Wing

aww man the dreaded "I clicked the wrong button" post!!! Big grin
                              evanflein

Dave, Bugs wore a hat she'd blown her nose in earlier. That's where she would've picked up the cold. Roll eyes (but Bugs, dear, if it was you who blew your nose in it, your immune to that particular virus. If a cold you have you got if from something else) Shan, where was your hotel? Nice pics. Nice mileage there, Bryan. But you always were good at racking up the miles. Hey, remember Salad aka Salathe? I wonder what happened to him. That guy was amazing. Would hardly train at all, then all of a sudden do these ultras... 21.2 miles for me in just under 3 hours, 8:28 average pace. I tried to do my route so most of the hills were at the end. Ah, who am I fooling, the whole damn run was hilly. I'm happy with this run. I feel like I can now relax and head into taper with no worries. Except gotta heal up this damn blister on my right foot. <ahref="http:>Powered by RunningAHEAD.com</ahref="http:>