Connecticut Runners

King of the Hill 2017 (Read 12 times)

beat

Break on through

The King of the Hill 5K race is returning to the Berkshire Corporate Park in Bethel!  It happens in less than a week, Thursday, September 14, 6:00 pm.  The race was relocated for a few years after 2011 across town in Danbury.  The new course covers pretty much the same area as the old Berkshire course,  but in a different sequence, with the start and finish at the opposite end of the park.

https://raceroster.com/events/2017/13724/king-of-the-hill-2017

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Great job with the course Chris! I'm excited to have it back at Berkshire. The new hill sequence is definitely challenging - should be fun!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      beat

Break on through

Thanks, Kevin!  It was great to have the opportunity to measure the course for USATF certification. It's definitely going to be fun to run it too!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I hope I put the mile markers in the right places!

beat

Break on through

<been a while since I've looked here at the Connecticut Runners group>  Yes - mile markers were correct.  I like that photo - always feels good to stop running after a race, though it would have looked better with a 19:59 on the clock for me... so close, yet so far... (Obviously you had finished a couple minutes earlier - well done!)

beat

Break on through

I just got an e-mail from United Way - who puts this race on...   The 2019 edition of this race is scheduled for September 11.  I plan to be there!

Hey Chris...I think I'm going to make an appearance this year as well. See you there.

beat

Break on through

Great!  Only a week away!