Connecticut Runners

Any body run the Baystate Marathon 2014? (Read 10 times)

yond

I ran the Hartford Marathon last year and it was my first marathon.  I think the FM course is a little bit boring while I did like the HM course.  This year I am going to run the Baystate Marathon in Lowell MA, which is claimed to be a flat and fast course.   Also I'm planning to run Boston 13.1 in Sep. 20th for my FM tune up.

I BQed last May in Long Island Marathon 2014 and will run Boston in 2015 if there are still room available for me to register.

Is there anybody here who has the similar plan?  Thanks!

Yond - I can confirm Baystate is flat and fast. It was my "first" marathon (first in 12 years), so I made some big mistakes there, and still managed a pretty good time. Two loops, with enough minor rises and falls to keep it interesting (I think for example that Lehigh Valley was much flatter). Visually not the most interesting course, but as far as organization, support, etc it is really as the tagline says "by runners, for runners".

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      yond

Kevin -- Thanks  for your info.  This is very encouraging.  I'm targeting at 245 with a backup plan of sub250.

Yond - I can confirm Baystate is flat and fast. It was my "first" marathon (first in 12 years), so I made some big mistakes there, and still managed a pretty good time. Two loops, with enough minor rises and falls to keep it interesting (I think for example that Lehigh Valley was much flatter). Visually not the most interesting course, but as far as organization, support, etc it is really as the tagline says "by runners, for runners".

Kevin -- Thanks  for your info.  This is very encouraging.  I'm targeting at 245 with a backup plan of sub250.

Awesome. Good luck! You will be near the front, but should have plenty of good runners to go with.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes