Connecticut Runners

Couldn't ask for better weather. (Read 164 times)

bojangles

All I know is..... You all should have ran today. It was too nice out not to run. I don't care if it was your day off. You should have been out there. Don't get weather like this too often in December. I logged in about 5 miles this evening.

grrrrrrrrrrr. et tu, bojangles?

I'm on the DL (ankle), as of Sunday's aborted pain-fest. Today I was forced to reacquaint myself with my nemesis, el elliptical. I had a great view of the running path though from the sweaty inside of the gym. 

First thing my wife said when I came home - "too bad about your ankle, hon, it was AWESOME out there today".

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      bojangles

Hahaha well that sucks ass Kevin. Hope you had fun inside on one of those machines all the old ladies use at the gym. What do you call them again? ohhh right, ellipticals.

Yep. Getting to know the blue hairs again. Loads of FUN. 

I'm sure I'll be healed again just in time for some good single degree weather though.

bojangles

Hope you do get healed up quick. And don't worry. We live in New England. I am sure mother nature will throw us a few more 50+ degree days.

delicate flower

I hope that ankle heals up for you, Kevin.

I got out for 7 miles on the rail trail last night.  Problem is, I dressed like it was 35 degrees.  Holy frikkin hot!  Shorts and long sleeve tech shirt would have been fine, and not the pants and warm jacket I wore. 

<3

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Yeah I did a quick 1.3 near my house and was in long sleeves and shorts.  This morning was a jacket and pants, but was still a  bit warm.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

AlexaCT

Ugh, all I could think of yesterday and today was getting out for a run.  Working SUCKS. I've had late meetings both days and have had to get home to my babies.

It looks decent all week, at least!

We will be down in FL for 8 days Dec 22-30, and I can't wait to run without gloves and a hat!

I can and I will!

bojangles

Hey Alexa, all I read in your post was...... excuses excuses excuses. And this is me being somewhat cruel due to the fact you get to run in florida for a week. Yes, I am jealous. So what.

AlexaCT

Haha, trust me...if I could skip my faculty and union meeting in order to run, I would.

Does it help if I tell you I'll be with my two kids in Disney, both of who are under 3?  I think I'll be doing more chasing than running :-)

I can and I will!

Haha, trust me...if I could skip my faculty and union meeting in order to run, I would.

Does it help if I tell you I'll be with my two kids in Disney, both of who are under 3?  I think I'll be doing more chasing than running :-)

Running in DW isn't ideal, but totally doable (depending on where you stay). You'll be surprised how many other folks are out there getting their miles in.

AlexaCT

Running in DW isn't ideal, but totally doable (depending on where you stay). You'll be surprised how many other folks are out there getting their miles in.

We are staying in Animal Kingdom, at Kidani Village.  It is my hope to get out early AM and get a few miles in each day.  I'm a Disney newbie so it will be a learning curve for me, in many respects!

I can and I will!

bojangles

That makes me feel a little less jealous. Thank you for that Alexa. And who invited the debbie downer? aka Kevin.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

FINALLY got out and managed to enjoy the great weather we've had the past couple of days.  Looks like we'll get at least one more day of these temps before it drops a bit for Thurs / Fri.  And so far it looks like rain for the Sunday races. 

Alexa, enjoy the trip to Disney! Although I have to agree with Kevin - if you're not running in a race down there, finding places to get in a few miles near the hotels can be tough, depending on where you are staying.  The place is designed and built to attempt to move massive amounts of cars around as quickly as possible, so it's not all that pedestrian-friendly outside the parks. 

I do recall a nice footpath / pedestrian walkway going from the Contemporary, passing in front of the Magic Kindgom entrance, and then continuing on to the Polynesian and then to the Grand Floridian.  There's also a nice route going along the Boardwalk hotels and then down the canal to the back entrance to Epcot - you can turn that into a loop as well.  The first one I used while catching a friend running the Disney half in 2011; the second part I remember vaguely as part of the end of the Disney Marathon the next day - there were plenty of hotel guests out cheering us on along there. 

You might want to post a question out in the main forums in the General Running area - I'm sure many others have run while at Disney, and may be able to recommend some other, better routes near your hotel.   

It may also be worth a call to the hotel concierge services to ask them to lay out a safe route for you to follow while you're there - they're usually very accomodating that way (no pun intended) and should be able to have that ready and included in your check-in package when you arrive.

delicate flower

We are staying in Animal Kingdom, at Kidani Village.  It is my hope to get out early AM and get a few miles in each day.  I'm a Disney newbie so it will be a learning curve for me, in many respects!

I've been to Disney a bunch and I've stayed at the Kidani Village.  I hate to say this, but there aren't a whole lot of options there as far as outdoor running goes at AKL, and WDW discourges folks from running on the roads.  Some of the other resorts have some good outdoor running (Boardwalk area and Old Key West come to mind).  I'll be at the Kidani Village in May and my plan is to just run loops around their enormous parking lots to get some miles in.  Those loops will be bigger than any track.  AKL also has treadmills if you feel so inclined.  That is, if you feel like running.  Honestly, my legs get pretty fried walking around the Disney parks all day and I'm usually ready to just collapse at the end of the day.  Big grin     

Have fun, Alexa!

<3