Connecticut Runners

Introduce yourself to the group! (Read 463 times)

Hello Mazy!

This state is so small, I've lived here my whole life, and I still have to look up where some towns are...geez.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

And as a re-introduction, we've now moved to Sandy Hook (so I'm no longer Gville Kevin)! So, all new local routes to learn, but pretty psyched that this gets me better access to all the coastal races, while still running Danbury area and even northern stuff. Just moving 30 minutes south opens up a lot more possibilities. And being in Newtown, I'll become master of hill running.

run-chris-run

Hey all - Chris here, a recent transplant to Greenwich after having lived in Norwalk for 5+ years, and Long Island before that. Love racing anything from 5K to marathon, the big goal now being to qualify for Boston --  I was ~8 minutes off in Philly '12, and now that I've hopefully shaken the last of my injuries, heading back there to try it again. Interested in finding training/long run partners in Fairfield County once I get going.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Chris ! Looking forward to hearing about your progress toward your goal.

KeithAngilly

Hi all,

I live in Meriden and have been running races for a couple years. Also interested in triathlon. My main running goal is to BQ!

PR's - Marathon: 4:00, Half: 1:49:59, 5k: 22:57

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Keith !!

Moonstruck

Hello runners of CT,

I recently semi-relocated to Back Rock in Bridgeport from the Boston area, but am still working in Boston during the week leading to a bit of a split identity.  Team racing is my favorite type of running, so I am very excited about the CT grand prix series and I'm looking to join a nearby club.  Probably Milford Road Runners; Mgerwn, I think that you're a member?  Just done one run with them so far, but I am excited for racing with a team again.

Welcome, Moon...we'll see you at Winter Wonderland?

Moonstruck

Yes!  And probably Connecticut's Cup at the Lake Waramaug Polar Bear Run, so it should be a fun winter of running.

beat

Break on through

Hi all,

My name's Chris.  I've been on RunningAhead for years, but I didn't know about this group until now.  I live in Danbury.  Most Saturday mornings, I'm running in Roxbury.  (I run in and volunteer for the series there - about 40 races from February to December.) I've met Kevin several times at area races, and I've corresponded by e-mail with some others in the group such as mgerwn.  Anyway, this winter's focus is trying to stay un-injured and running in the Boston Build-Up series.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome, Chris !

Throw your name on the racing thread, when you get a chance.

Hi,  I live in Mansfield and train mostly on trails.  I have not been using running ahead for a few years but decided to make training plan for first part of year and thought I would give this a try again.

Ken

Lane

Hi all - I just joined today though I have lived in CT for the last 5 years (Meriden, Brookfield, Ellington, now Tolland).  I started running with the Woodbridge-Brookfield Running Company and still compete with them in the grand prix. 

Hi all - I just joined today though I have lived in CT for the last 5 years (Meriden, Brookfield, Ellington, now Tolland).  I started running with the Woodbridge-Brookfield Running Company and still compete with them in the grand prix. 

See you on the roads lane! I saw you're running the mile this weekend - I really wanted to be there, but just getting over Achilles stuff and have done zero speed in a while. Good luck on the short track -  would have been fun to have you guys drag me to a pr

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Ken and Lane !