Connecticut Runners

Introduce yourself to the group! (Read 463 times)

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Hi everyone I hope you all will take a monent to introduce yourselves. My name is Jen I started this group because there isn't any Connecticut group here on RA and I figure it was about time there was one! I would love to find local runners to meet up with, run a race or a running partner to keep me motivated and on track! I am currently running C25K and hopefully if training goes well I will be running a half shortly after the new year!
    -Jen
    2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
      hello im in Waterbury CT Smile
        Hi, I'm sort of a CT runner. I grew up in Tolland and even though I've lived in Miami the past 4.5 years, I still come to CT to visit 4-5 times a year. I'm interested in meeting up with some other CT people at races or just for runs (hi again sara Smile) when I'm in town, so I thought I'd join the group. For some reason I feel like much more of a CT runner than a FL runner, even though I have never done a CT race (yet). Oh yeah, when I'm in CT now I generally split my time between Tolland and Burlington (where my DH's family lives) so I pretty much cover the northern half of the state.
          Hi - I'm in Norwalk. Currently working through C25k as well. No race plans just yet, trying to take it slow for now Smile
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Milford checking in - trying (!) to get back into running and back into shape, with the goal of a marathon someday soon.
              Hi Shaunna! When are you coming to CT next?

My legs are killing me

Hi everyone. I'm from Waterbury and will be running in the NYC Marathon in November. I usually do my long runs on the Cheshire trail which is a nice flat and shaded place. I've been running for 2 years now and really enjoy the satisfaction I get from completing races and distances, not to mention the 20 pounds I've lost since I started.
                  I am based in Westport. I hope to meet some of you at a race sometime in the area. Like sully708 my current goal race is the NYC Marathon.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi Shaunna! When are you coming to CT next?
                    Sadly not again until the end of December. We have 2 big field projects going on this fall (one in the Everglades and one in Chile) so I don't think I'll be able to make it home. But I'm planning to go for 2-3 weeks for Christmas so we should run again then! Hopefully I'll be running by then Roll eyes. The Chehsire trail sounds like a great place to run.
                      Sadly not again until the end of December. We have 2 big field projects going on this fall (one in the Everglades and one in Chile) so I don't think I'll be able to make it home. But I'm planning to go for 2-3 weeks for Christmas so we should run again then! Hopefully I'll be running by then Roll eyes. The Chehsire trail sounds like a great place to run.
                      Sounds good, going to Chile sounds neat. December works, we just have to find somewhere without a lot of ice and snow like last time. If worse comes to worse we can definitely get hot chocolate again Big grin .. the Cheshire trail does sound good.. Sully708 where in Cheshire is it? Ive been running on the Greenway trail and the Bridle trail.

My legs are killing me

Mrs Hub, Here is the link to the Cheshire trail http://www.ct.gov/dot/LIB/dot/documents/dbikes/026.pdf It's the best place I've found to run.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Sully (HI) I get an error when I click your link... but while googling b/c Chesire is pretty darn close to me and I'd love a nice flat run once in a while I found this link. http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?a=1380&q=259678&dotPNavCtr=|40767|
                          -Jen
                          2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                          Ojo

Hi everyone! I am in Guilford. Anyone planning on running the New Haven Road Race? We've always been away that weekend so I think this year I am going to do it.

Sara

MM #2929

Hello all! From Norwich (pronounced No-which), nice to see a CT group. Been working on my running plan since Jan of this year. Ran the Iron Horse and Fairfield 1/2 marathon, hoping for a fall marathon, but injury, heat, apathy and life aren't letting my milage get quite high enough to really commit. Plan on either the Hartford 1/2 or whole in the fall. Not to much more to tell been with RA on and off for a couple of years. Nice to say hi! Thanks Jenni for starting this up! Karl
                                Hi Karl...Im planning to run the Hartford half again this year, fun race!