Denver Area Runners

How evil are you? (Read 156 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Just in case you've always wondered, here's a simple test. http://www.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/ I'll put up my result: I came in at 38%, how did the rest of you come out? Evil grin
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

You Are 38% Evil A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well. In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. I knew that....
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      seemomgo

Hi Running Dad and Mtnck1 --- I thought it was about time I joined this Denver party although I am really in Littleton..... I am only 23% evil , but would stomp on someone if I had to for the right reasons!! You know Mama Bears? They aren't evil either until provoked!!!! So, tell me more about yourselves! Me...47, kids (big ones - not babies), dogs (little ones) and work. Running to stay healthy and because I can eat like a horse!!!! I am here from Cool Running (yuck). I love this site! Good to see a Denver forum! C-mom

Rim Rock Dad

Welcome, CMG! I honestly don't think that any of us actually live in Denver, but I could be wrong. Me: Married for 13 years to my lovely wife, with 3 kids (19son, 10daughter, 6son). Working to live, but constantly working on reversing that trend. We also have 2 dogs, and trying to get the house fixed up so we can move to a better part of town. I, also, have buried the bad memories of Cool Running. I feel like I've made the transition pretty smooth. Now, I'm a member of RA. The site that tool over was just too clinical and sterile. Sad
          James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
          seemomgo

Thanks for the welcome! I am always amazed that we don't have more Colorado Runners on these sites! I am also married for thirteen years! Getting ready for 14 in a couple of weeks. Son in 13 and daughter is 11. We keep busy with skiing, school and work - hubby is an engineer and I am a realtor and stager. It keeps me busy. I am finding it hard to get motivated to run outside in this cold lately! How are you all staying motivated???The treadmill is my new best friend!

Top 'O the World!

Glad to see ya C-Mom! I resemble that "Mama Bear" remark Wink....my Chinese animal is a Tiger. & the cold weather motivation issues! I swear I've become a total weather wimp!! Didn't used to be.....my mileage is waaay down - I don't have a treadmil ~ yet! Could have a point about the "Denver" reference...I'm in Littleton (technically) - a little jut into Lone Tree that hasn't been annexed....& my South Trail spits out just a bit on the North side of Castle Rock.... Me....married 13yrs (14 in May- 3rd time's the charm Wink) w/grown blended family - 2 sons: 27 & 28, 1 daughter 22, 3 granddaughters (14 mos - 8 yrs), 2 grandsons due soon - no kids together. 4 dogs: 3 Pomeranians, & one Lab, Pyr, Deerhound mix that runs w/me....started running to lose some weight...now I'm hooked, though still pretty slow!! What was CR?!? Clowning around Oh, c-mom, I caught that you'd signed up for DM 1/2.....I'm still debating...it would be my 1st....
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

& then Ericka (in Alaska) had this to say on the Masters thread: Holly, do you have snow and drifts to deal with? No? Suck it up and get out there! (two weeks ago I did 16.4 miles in the snow at -2 avg temp...) (just had to throw that in there...) Sad ...makes me feel pretty wimpy!
                seemomgo

She's an animal!!! I met with Erika when she was in Denver a few weeks ago....she runs in everything! The big difference for her is that they do not get ice - only really powdery snow. I think that would make a huge difference to all of us! I may be evil (or a little bit evil), but I'm not a tough one when it comes to cold!
                    Evil grinWOW! Evidently I'm 52% evil. Didn't see that coming. Evil grin
                    Dave
                    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                    --- Clarence DeMar
                    Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Good to know. I will stay clear of you should we run in the same race. Big grin
                      "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                        Seems to be the safe way to go! Wink
                        Dave
                        "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                        --- Clarence DeMar