Denver Area Runners

Enjoy the weather now. . . (Read 117 times)

Of course they (whovever they are) are calling for a rain/snow mess for Sunday morning, but please don't let that stop you from joining us (well, me at least) for the Rocky Mountain Road Runners Trophy Series 3 mile race at Crown Hill Park at 9 am. The Trophy Series races are awfully fun and truly can be won by anyone. The format is unique in that the start times are staggered so that everyone should finish at the exact same time! A short race like this month's should provide an exciting finish! MTA: The club members are welcoming and helpful if you show up and have any questions. Also, you don't need to join the club to run (I think they charge $5) but the membership cost can pay for itself in the way of discounts and such in very little time! Hope to see you there!
    Dave
    "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
    --- Clarence DeMar
    Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I will second that! The club members are great and the runs are always alot of fun! Runningdad and I will be joining Dave there. Although the weather will be rotten, it is only three miles. Not bad. Join us if you can! I vote that we grab some brunch afterward!
      "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
        I volunteered again to set up and tear down, but brunch sounds great if I can swing it. Of course, food always sounds good to me! Mmmmmm........pancakes.........
        Dave
        --- Clarence DeMar
        Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I signed up to volunteer too...so we will see how it works out. Maybe this time I will actually sign in as a volunteer so I can get credit for the time. What a novel concept!
          "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
            Maybe this time I will actually sign in as a volunteer so I can get credit for the time. What a novel concept!
            I don't think I got credit last month! Took the book before I was done!
            Dave
            --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

I'm in. We'll just have to figure out where the good food is in Wheatridge. I'll probably help out also. Don't know if they'll need anymore help, though.
              James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
              Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Just a reminder to all you Denver Area Runners the RMRR will be having their monthly run tomorrow (3/2) at Crown Hill Park starting at 9:00 a.m. It's just a 3 miler, so won't take long. As Dave mentioned, it is a great group of people. Don't let the weather scare you off! Come join the fun!