Denver Area Runners

Anyone doing Run the Rockies or Slacker Half? (Read 304 times)

MM #5616

I've signed up for the Run the Rockies half marathon this Saturday, June 13th, and the Slacker Half Marathon, June 27th.  Anyone else? 

I met Mtnchk and Mairead at Slacker last year - fun race!  And I know Dave did Run the Rockies last year (very fast, too!) 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm planning on Run the Rockies... but only the 10k this year.  I think.  I'm also considering Slacker.  A  lot.  But maybe just the 4 mile.  Maybe not. 

I'm thinking shorter races on Saturday mean I can still run long on Sunday... Yes, I'm an idiot.

Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar

MM #5616

Boy, doing the 10K at Run the Rockies would be fast!   It's seriously downhill!  I thought about that, too, as I would definitely PR, but I decided to do the half again - I guess I have a short memory and I've forgotten what a struggle those  hills were at the end...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Yes, indeed.  It should be a VERY fast 10k.  I need to get the disappointment of the BolderBoulder out of my mind!  Plus, I really am trying to work on some speed this summer...

And, yes, them thare hills sucked!!  I have NOT forgotten! LOL!

Dave
          --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

I have to work an event in Conifer on Sat.....haven't totally decided on Slacker yet...
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              wildchild!! WOW!!  Very nice.  You are indeed no Slacker!  Me, on the other hand... I'm a tremendous slacker!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Congrats on your great time Carolyn!!!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group