Denver Area Runners

The Ultra Spirit (Read 165 times)

sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

I wasn't really sure where to post this. I thought this would be a good place. I wanted to take a minute to give anonymous kudos to a bunch of runners who gave up their race chances to try and save another runners life. During the Collegiate Peaks trail run yesterday a group of runners came upon an unconscious runner laying face down on the trail. It was almost 1/2 way between 2 rest stops and in a very remote part of the course. Several runners either backtracked or ran to the next aid station in search of help. Several other runners began doing CPR. It was too rugged to get an ambulance in to get him. The same group of runners loaded him in the back of a truck and did CPR for many rough miles until they met the ambulance at the highway. It’s my understanding that the runner passed away. I don't know who the deceased runner was or the people who tried to save him were. But, I am still stunned by the generosity of the running community. In these days of the super competitiveness of life in general it is comforting for me to know ... now without question that there is abundant good all around us. SG
    If you're bored ask why you're boring

Rim Rock Dad

Holy cow. I hope and pray that the runner's family is being taken care of. I know that the love of the community will carry over to loved ones. Many prayers going out to them.
      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

Just read about that on 9News...all they know is that he passed before reaching the hosp. & that he is a CO native....Ditto on prayers to the family & friends!!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group