Denver Area Runners

Favorite Denver Runs (Read 165 times)

sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Since I am kind of new (I just recently moved from Boulder) to Denver I am still trying to find good non-road runs. I thought it might be a good idea to share some of our favorite runs here in Denver. I'll start: Green Mt Waterton Bear Creeek Captain Mountain Bear Track Lakes SG
    If you're bored ask why you're boring

Top 'O the World!

Well, I dunno 'bout "favorites".....mostly I have to stay kinda close to home @ the moment.....so, the trails that I use are: South LoneTree trail - goes up on a bluff behind the new Skyridge Hosp Willow Creek Trail - from Sweetwater Park to about Arapahoe & Holly.....where I can hook up to Highline Trail - I haven't yet gone further north than Franklin & Bellvue Indian Mtn....10,000' Park Co. (I know, that's not here in Denver....) Tongue This might help: Wink http://www.ssprd.org/southsubnew/map.asp?tl=5&m=2
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Rim Rock Dad

Since you seem to like the Jefferson County end of town, you also might try Matthew-Winters, Apex, or Mt. Falcon. As far as the other areas, I don't know.
        James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
          South Valley Park is also very fun. From there you can easily crank out a long run by heading to Deer Creek. http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R19.htm -Dale
          sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Yeah I was mapping that out the other night. Looks pretty nice. I am still missing my Boulder runs. Smile
              Some really good trails near Golden: Chimney Gulch, and White Ranch. When the weather improves, Elk Meadow up in Evergreen is also excellent. -Dale
              sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Yeah last summer I did a lot of exploring in the Mt Evans area. I found a ton of awsome trails. I have my eye on a 20 mile through run that goes from the top of Guenella and ends at the Bear Track lake trail head. Oh so many runs so litte time and oxygen.