Denver Area Runners

Anyone still here? (Read 197 times)

wickedlady

Hi All!

I'm in Denver.... right in the city.  Good to see some activity here Smile

Sacgirl, one nice thing about this area is that there are trail races that are not ultras!

Hi wickelady!

I work right in the city but live NW of the city.   I have yet to run outside during the work day my company provides a work out room with treadmills - so I use them when I run at lunch.  But I'm thinking I may venture out once it warms up a bit.

You can call me Anna

wickedlady

cool, are you downtown? Running during the day can be a pain because of foot traffic but along the Platte river and cherry creek trail are nice Smile

Yep, I work right by the Marriott City Center.    I see people running on the 16th Street Mall ALL THE TIME and I wonder why on earth they would choose to run there.   That would be the last place I would run.

You can call me Anna

Yep, I work right by the Marriott City Center.    I see people running on the 16th Street Mall ALL THE TIME and I wonder why on earth they would choose to run there.   That would be the last place I would run.

Dont understand that myself. I work near the Trade Center (17th and Broadway) and usually head straight OUT of the cityon my lunch runs.

Out to city park or cheeseman park are usually my options.

Dont understand that myself. I work near the Trade Center (17th and Broadway) and usually head straight OUT of the cityon my lunch runs.

Out to city park or cheeseman park are usually my options.

Derek, How far from where you are to get to Cheeseman Park or City Park (I assume you run there and back to the office)?

Part of why I haven't ventured outside on my lunch time runs, is my horrible sense of direction.  I worry about getting turned around and being gone way too long.   And I'm not even sure what route I would take to get to one of the running paths.

You can call me Anna

Derek, How far from where you are to get to Cheeseman Park or City Park (I assume you run there and back to the office)?

Part of why I haven't ventured outside on my lunch time runs, is my horrible sense of direction.  I worry about getting turned around and being gone way too long.   And I'm not even sure what route I would take to get to one of the running paths.

Starting from the YMCA (16th and Lincoln) getting to the west edge of city park is about 1.5 miles, so 3 miles plus whatever you run in the park. Usually take 16th the full way down, seems to be the slowest street.

For cheeseman from the same starting point, it takes about 1.3 miles to get to the north end of the park...so 2.6 plus whatever you run in the park. I usually head east on 16th from downtown, then south on Franklin to the park. The only crossing issue is colfax while on Franklin.

Looking for other lunch running options too, I hate running on concrete and so far these two parks are the only trailish lunch options I can find. If anyone has some other recommendations I'd be interested!

--D

I can be more specific for Cheeseman Park now, since I had my watch on today. YMCA to Cheeseman, around the park on the dirt path and back to YMCA is 4.3 Miles.

Thanks!  It looks like I would have to tack on about .5 both ways from my office.

As another option,  I have heard about folks running to confluence park and you can pick up the platte river/cherry creek trail.  I have not yet run that route and not really sure how far that would be from you.

You can call me Anna

philipfromga

looking for a slow (10 min miles) running partner at Cherry Creek Trail and Wazee Street downtown at 5:00 pm during the week 6-8 miles.  Any takers?

Top 'O the World!

Randomly

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

Well, that wasn't quite supposed to post yet  :/

I'm in the South end, Park Meadows area, part time, Breck-Como the other part.

Like Wildchild, when I'm in here, which is more random these days, it's mostly over in the Masters boards & some in the LLR

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group