Denver Area Runners

Upcoming fall races (Read 274 times)

Rim Rock Dad

What's on everyone's plate for the fall? I have the club races (should be able to make those now), and I'm looking at Denver Marathon and Rim Rock Run.
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      Club races, two Marathon Training Series 20 milers, and Denver Marathon. Interested in Rim Rock. We'll see how I feel when it gets closer.
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Club races, Mile Hi Turkey Trot, Colder Boulder.....thinking about squeezing in one more duathalon at the end of September.
        "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Top 'O the World!

I'm signed up for the Denver Marathon & I usually do the Komen races in Oct....although that's tough to negotiate the crowds....DH is signed up for the Boulder Backroads...$$!! but good reviews, etc... several of my TNT group are in for the Park to Park....I dunno yet
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

go Care Bear go!

Currently signed up for Park to Park, Komen RFTC, Fall Frenzy Triathlon. Oh, and I'm riding the Tour de Cure bike ride (50k route) for Diabetes this Saturday. That's about all I have booked but thinking about looking for others.
              Hey Carrie! Welcome to the group. It sounds like your upcoming schedule is pretty busy! Big grin You guys with your du- and triathlons impress me to no end. Training for one discipline is hard enough! Big grin Let us know how it all goes. Again, welcome aboard.
              Dave
              "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
              --- Clarence DeMar
              wildchild

Carolyn

I'm doing the Neder Nederland 10K on Sept 7th. Its Nederland's kinder, gentler version of the Bolder Boulder! They offer a 5K and a 10K, and its a fun race - I've done it the last two years. Small race, nice scenery, and close to home (for me). Anyone else?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rim Rock Dad

I'm doing the Neder Nederland 10K on Sept 7th. Its Nederland's kinder, gentler version of the Bolder Boulder! They offer a 5K and a 10K, and its a fun race - I've done it the last two years. Small race, nice scenery, and close to home (for me). Anyone else?
                  I would think that they would have more hills in Nederland. Surely it isn't a flatter course.
                  James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                  wildchild

Carolyn

No, its not flatter - that's not what I meant by gentler! I just meant there aren't 50,000 runners. More like 500. It starts at Nederland High School, about 8400 ft. The 5K turnaround is at the Eldora Ski area turnoff, and the 10K turns around in the town of Eldora at about 8600 ft. Then its all downhill to the finish in downtown Nederland. So the hills aren't bad at all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.