Denver Area Runners

Anybody racing Sunday? (Read 434 times)

OK, so I signed up for the Women's Seagate 8k on Sunday. Anybody running either that or the half?
    "I think I can, I think I can..."
      As usual, I haven't decided yet. Thinking about the half. Thinking about Garden of the Gods. Thinking about just running an easy 20. Then there's the Turquoise Lake half and Casper Marathon......dooohhhhhhh......
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      wildchild

Carolyn

I signed up for the Run the Rockies half in Frisco on Saturday. Anyone else?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I signed up for the Run the Rockies half in Frisco on Saturday. Anyone else?
          Geez...is that this weekend? Now I'm really confused. This might be a great idea! I need to figure something out quick. Wink
          Dave
          --- Clarence DeMar
          Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

OK, so I signed up for the Women's Seagate 8k on Sunday. Anybody running either that or the half?
            I had the opportunity to run that last year. Unfortunately it is a no go for this year. I am signed up for the Big Sky Duathalon in Bennett on Saturday. An 8K the next day would probably be a little too much for this old lady. But best of luck! Let me know what you think of the course.
            "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
              I am signed up for the Big Sky Duathalon in Bennett on Saturday.
              Hey MP, Eric Greene (from the club) will also be there. Do you know him? Fast guy, glasses, wears the Jelly Belly tri top. Anyway...Good luck, have a great race!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar
              Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

wears the Jelly Belly tri top
                Sad thing is, I remember the Jelly Bean top, but couldn't tell you what he looks like for the life of me! But I will keep an eye out for the Jelly Beans! Big grin
                "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                  I will keep an eye out for the Jelly Beans! Big grin
                  He's got a new Gu one piece now. Taken at last month's race.
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar
                    So.....thanks to wildchild's mention of Run the Rockies, I decided (at 4:30 this morn.) to do it. A beautiful course! They gave away great prizes (just not to me). The hills kind of sucked. Oh, and there's no oxygen at 9000 ft. Somehow, I managed to PR (1:28:16), finish fourth overall and third in my age group (4 of the top 5 were in the 40-49 group!). This after running a pretty hard 16 miler yesterday. GO FIGURE! Thanks, Carolyn. I would have missed it if you didn't mention it!
                    Dave
                    --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Lil engine, hope your race goes great fo r you! MP, how did the Bennet experience go today? Great job, Dave! Whats your next one? Carolyn, how'd you do?
                      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

MP, how did the Bennet experience go today?
                        It was a great time! Mostly because I didn't end up doing the whole thing. My husband got caught up in the excitement of milling around in the transition area before the race and decided (15 minutes before the start) that he wanted to give the biking part a try. So we switched the registration to a coed team and away we went. He did great for a guy who just had total knee replacement in December and was having to ride a mountain bike! I am very proud of him! I think the whole experience served another purpose as well.....he has decided that the fat tire division sucks and that it is time for us to look for a road bike....yippeee!!! Big grin
                        Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I managed to PR (1:28:16), finish fourth overall and third in my age group (4 of the top 5 were in the 40-49 group!).
                          Congratulations Dave!!!

Rim Rock Dad

It was a great time! Mostly because I didn't end up doing the whole thing. My husband got caught up in the excitement of milling around in the transition area before the race and decided (15 minutes before the start) that he wanted to give the biking part a try. So we switched the registration to a coed team and away we went. He did great for a guy who just had total knee replacement in December and was having to ride a mountain bike! I am very proud of him! I think the whole experience served another purpose as well.....he has decided that the fat tire division sucks and that it is time for us to look for a road bike....yippeee!!! Big grin
                            Thats great news about Hubby Pickle! Sounds like he may be wanting to do Muddy Buddy??! He can always walk the run portion with my wife! I think he'll get a kick out of the beer tent afterwards! Let me know when you want to go look, I can always use a good excuse to go drool over the real bikes that no one can afford! Big grin
                            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

All this fun goin' on whilst I'm fencing! Big grin I did escape for a nice easy 13 miler on Highline....beautiful running weather we got for the wknd! Wink Congrats Everyone!!!
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                              wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, congrats on your PR and 4th place finish! I placed first in my AG (50-59) with a slow time of 2:24:18, but I guess the fast folks in my AG didn't show up! I was surprised that they only provided water at the aid stations, no gatorade. I was sadly unprepared (a newbie mistake) and didn't carry anything with me. So by about mile 10 I kind of bonked, and walked quite a bit of the last 3 miles. That's just too far to run on a warm day with no carbs or electrolytes. Even with what I thought was a slow time, it was still a PR for me, as this was my first half. And winning 1st in my AG was an added bonus. Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.