Denver Area Runners

Mt. Evans Ascent, 2008 (Read 300 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Sorry to cut this short, guys. I fell asleep twice trying to get this written up. I'll catch you later on! Black eye Tongue http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=904013#post904013
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      Great job James. You're a better man than me! Enjoy your rest!!! Smile
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I was there to witness it, kids....and he did AWESOME! Way to go Jim! You are an inspiration Bro!
        "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
        wildchild

Carolyn

Great job! That's one tough race at altitude. I've hiked more than half of the fourteeners, but never RUN up one. Whew!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rim Rock Dad

Great job James. You're a better man than me! Enjoy your rest!!! Smile
            You'll appreciate this, Dave. The guy that won on Saturday, finished in 1:37!! Thats around 7 minutes/mile. Stacey told me that when he was spotted at the top, the officials didn't have the finish line up yet. Plus, 2nd place came in 10 minutes later. Smokin', either way you look at it.
            Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

....and let's not forget that once he came through the finish line he just kept running. Went around the parking lot and then ran on up to the summit. Geez!
              "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Top 'O the World!

Okay, took me a little bit to get around to commenting....had to fwd it to a few folks that were w/me @ BB Smile AWESOME DUDE!!! Smile Smile I think anyone who finished that race was SMOKIN!!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  You'll appreciate this, Dave. The guy that won on Saturday, finished in 1:37!! Thats around 7 minutes/mile. Stacey told me that when he was spotted at the top, the officials didn't have the finish line up yet. Plus, 2nd place came in 10 minutes later. Smokin', either way you look at it.
                  DAMN! I had to check the results to see who it was. Matt Carpenter. Older than me by a year. A complete animal. Dude is awesome. Definitely smokin'. The guy who finished 6th (1:58) was the guy that won Run the Rockies half and Estes Park Marathon last week. Twenty one Shocked minutes behind! DAMN! Shocked
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

DAMN! I had to check the results to see who it was. Matt Carpenter. Older than me by a year. A complete animal. Dude is awesome. Definitely smokin'. The guy who finished 6th (1:58) was the guy that won Run the Rockies half and Estes Park Marathon last week. Twenty one Shocked minutes behind! DAMN! Shocked
                    Stacey drove me and 3 others back down to the start, and they were commenting on Carpenter. One of them was saying that Carpenter's VO2 max is supposed to be higher than Armstrong's. Do you happen to know anything about that?
                      Stacey drove me and 3 others back down to the start, and they were commenting on Carpenter. One of them was saying that Carpenter's VO2 max is supposed to be higher than Armstrong's. Do you happen to know anything about that?
                      Never heard that but I definitely don't doubt it at all. He does still hold the Pikes Peak course record (I think). And a couple of age group records as well. Check out his website : www.skyrunner.com
                      Dave
                      --- Clarence DeMar