Denver Area Runners

Summer races (Read 383 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Now that the cooler spring season seems to be over, what are you running over the summer race-wise? I'm looking at doing the Cabbagehead Duathlon next month, and the Muddy Buddy in August.
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
    Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I'm looking at doing the Cabbagehead Duathlon next month, and the Muddy Buddy in August.
      I knew about the Muddy Buddy, but didn't know you were considering the Cabbage Head. Didn't you sign up for the Mt. Evans Ascent this upcoming Saturday?
      "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Top 'O the World!

So far, the only things I'm signed up for are the Slacker HM on the 28th & Denver Marathon in Oct (but I think that qualifies as a Fall race...) & I usually do Komen in Oct...which I don't exactly 'race' per se... the TNT girls are talking about a bunch of us doing the Georgetown half in August? so mebbe
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          RMRR Trophy Series races, Georgetown to Idaho Springs half, and the training series 20 milers. Might do something July 4 just for kicks. The 4 miler in Palmer Lake looks fun (it's downhill to Monument). Other than that, training hard for Denver Marathon. ( Going to find out if I can handle 95-100 mile weeks without cracking.) Shocked Black eye
          Dave
          "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
          --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

I knew about the Muddy Buddy, but didn't know you were considering the Cabbage Head. Didn't you sign up for the Mt. Evans Ascent this upcoming Saturday?
            Yep. Starting to get a little nervous about it. Never tackled a course like this before.
              Yep. Starting to get a little nervous about it. Never tackled a course like this before.
              DUDE! You are going to do great! Just think how much easier everything else is going to seem after this!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

WOW!! Shocked Shocked jes lookin' @ the topo! you gonna get $400??
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Rim Rock Dad

WOW!! Shocked Shocked jes lookin' @ the topo! you gonna get $400??
                  If i'm getting $400, this is the first I've heard about it.

Rim Rock Dad

So far, the only things I'm signed up for are the Slacker HM on the 28th & Denver Marathon in Oct (but I think that qualifies as a Fall race...) & I usually do Komen in Oct...which I don't exactly 'race' per se... the TNT girls are talking about a bunch of us doing the Georgetown half in August? so mebbe
                    The Slacker is the one that ends in Georgetown, right?

Rim Rock Dad

RMRR Trophy Series races, Georgetown to Idaho Springs half, and the training series 20 milers. Might do something July 4 just for kicks. The 4 miler in Palmer Lake looks fun (it's downhill to Monument). Other than that, training hard for Denver Marathon. ( Going to find out if I can handle 95-100 mile weeks without cracking.) Shocked Black eye
                      That would be iinteresting if you could do that, Dave. Are you starting to push for some ultras?

Top 'O the World!

The Slacker is the one that ends in Georgetown, right?
                        Yup! Then there's the other one....from Georgetown to Idaho springs...
                          That would be iinteresting if you could do that, Dave. Are you starting to push for some ultras?
                          No. No ultras. Just really want to crack 3 hours. I'd love to do it here at altitude so I've been ramping up to try this October. Of course, it would also be awesome to go sub 3:00 at Boston in April, too. I guess that's what I'd really like to do.
                          Dave
                          --- Clarence DeMar
                          wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Mtnchk, you're doing the Slacker half next Saturday? I'm thinking about signing up. I thought I'd be picking my daughter up from CSU science camp on Saturday, but I dropped her off there today and it turns out we have to pick them up Friday evening. So I might just do it... Maybe we could meet there? It would be my first chance to meet an on line runner friend in person, which would be cool.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

Hey Carolyn! Yeah that would be cool to hook up! Hit my email for a cell #..that and I should fairly easy to find... I'll have my leggy black dog w/me (RD said I could bring her Smile ) Mtnchk1@msn.com
                              wildchild

Carolyn

Mtnchk, I just emailed you. I went ahead and registered for the slacker half! Hey, I just noticed that our PRs for the half are almost identical - yours is 6 seconds faster than mine. Any of the rest of you guys planning to do the Slacker half? Its this Saturday at 8 am in Georgetown.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.