Denver Area Runners

What's everyone been up to? (Read 253 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Looks like everyone's been on vacation lately. I haven't been able to run this week due to too much time spent at work. Should prove to be an interesting weekend with racing on Saturday and Sunday. Tongue Wink
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      James- I thought I'd see you and Mama Pickle this morning. You guys missed out on the pancakes! You also relenquished your number one spot in the Trophy Series! Cry Not really, though. You get to throw out your two lowest scores. I managed an eleventh place ribbon today (11:56, 2 mi.). Not shabby for a short race. My second race in a row with a sub 6:00 pace! (23:38 for 4 mi. on the 4th) Crazy! Shocked How'd it go yesterday? Inquiring minds want to know!
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

I figured that if I was going to throw a race, today's would be the one. I don't seem to do too good with the short distances. I also was still kinda wiped from the race yesterday, plus new appliances were coming in the morning as well. Cabbage Head was a great education. What I thought was a 5k, was actually a 3 mile. When I crossed the line after the first run, I thought that I had a new 5k PR. But instead, its a new 3 mile PR. Big grin 22:39 with a 7:33 pace. Shocked But, I figured that if I was going to blow it, I might as well do it on the first leg. The bike portion really got me. First I was registered for the fat tire division. MP got sick, and had already paid for a rental bike. She set me up with the rental so the money wouldn't be wasted, and I was able to change divisions. Using the road bike made a big difference. I couldn't imagine riding an MTB for 18.6 miles! The ride was rougher than I was thinking, but for the first time, I think I did alright. 1:02:42. The last run was the hardest part for the first half mile. Different muscle, different motion, etc... I wasn't too concerned about trying to break the first leg PR, and grateful that I didnt try. I started feeling some cramping in the legs halfway through. But, I decided to treat it like a training run. Not too bad, 25:34. The funny thing is that I haven't been able to get any training in at all this week, due to work. I still haven't figured out I did so well. In the end, I think that I'll do it again. I just need to make sure that I can keep the training up. Next on the list; August RMRR race, then Muddy Buddy. Congrats on your times, Dave! I think that you may have hosed yourself with the fantastic races you've put together this month. I got a feeling that you won't be to happy about your start time for the next club race. I think that I'll have to start up the interval training again. Tongue
        James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
          I think that you may have hosed yourself with the fantastic races you've put together this month. I got a feeling that you won't be to happy about your start time for the next club race.
          You aren't kidding there! My handicap went down 7 (to 58) after the race last month and I beat my predict again this month. I hope my handicap only goes down 1 this month. Any more and I'll really feel like I'm starting in a hole! Big grin Oh well, the handicap system really works well. You should have seen the finish today. "Keep moving, keep moving" was the shout of the day at the finish chutes. Seems everyone finished within a minute of one another. Congrats on your duathlon yesterday! Sounds like you did great! I don't know how you guys do that. Running alone is hard enough. Dang. Maybe one of these days I'll consider it. But, until then; left, right, repeat....
          Dave
          "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
          --- Clarence DeMar