Drinkers with a Running Problem

Why do people do this? (Read 402 times)

Big Chicken!

Just a rant. I know you'll understand. WHY do people bring over the cheapest, worst stuff they can find? Here's what happened. Friend Jen asks to show a DVD at my house of this class being taught here. Sure, no problem. Friend Jen says, I'll bring a bottle of wine as a thank you for letting these people in your house. GREAT! I could use some wine. DH has been gone this week and the kids are getting antsy crazy. So, what does she bring??? Not some yummy Spanish wine, not a nice Italian Pinot Grigio, both available at our little shopette on base or at the bodegas in town. Nope, she brings (and my sincere apologies if you truly do enjoy this; it's just not something I really enjoy) Arbor Mist Raspberry Zinfindel 2.5% alcohol (not actually sure about the AC but sure seemed that way). You know, that's fine (barely) if you don't know the person well. But she and I have drank together and discussed the wonders of wine and bread! Okay, she is a cheap person though at her DH's rank she has no real excuse. Thanks for letting me vent. Even the vineyard that makes the what I call Target brand boxed wine (as I've only seen it sold there) was better than this stuff. (I loved that Target wine, the Pinot G.) Have a great Thirsty Thursday! Maybe if the wine was better I wouldn't have had to correct my spelling! Big grin
    Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I only let folks bring wine if I know their ability to pick a good one. That is all.
        You have reasonable grounds to end the friendship. Arbor Mist Raspberry Zinfindel 2.5% alcohol. Not sure that this even qualifies as wine.

Lazy idiot

I only let folks bring wine if I know their ability to pick a good one. That is all.
          You let me bring beer, despite never having met me. I call BS.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have reasonable grounds to end the friendship. Arbor Mist Raspberry Zinfindel 2.5% alcohol. Not sure that this even qualifies as wine.
            Gah, that's not even wine...it's like a wine punch or something. Gah, yeck. I'm sure it's mostly surgar and fruit juice with a "splash" of wine. It's the kind of crap HS girls drink to try and feel cool, but even a wine cooler would be less poser than that.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I don't think the Spaniards would train their children on that stuff. Sorry to hear that. Lesson: ALWAYS have wine on hand and have a drink before guests arrive. And you can't do much about cheap people.
                I am not a wine drinker but that's only one step above MD 20/20 isn't it?
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...it's aimed at suburban white trash... Arbor Mist Ad

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

know what's worse than someone bringing arbor mist to your house. having your wife's cousin bring it to a party put in your freezer (why????) and forget about it so it freezes and breaks leaving broken glass on chunks of frozen pink alcohol all over the food in my my freezer Angry some of it though didn't freeze and pooled at the bottom of the freezer where it became a pond of frozen sticky crappy alcohol

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Several steps below, IMHO. I would rather drink MD 20/20 than that arbor mist crap. At least the MD actually has alcohol in it. 18% to be exact, but lately there's been a 13% variety. Which is still better than 2.5% if I'm remembering my math.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Several steps below, IMHO. I would rather drink MD 20/20 than that arbor mist crap. At least the MD actually has alcohol in it. 18% to be exact, but lately there's been a 13% variety. Which is still better than 2.5% if I'm remembering my math.
                        Good point. And it's probably cheaper. More booze, less $$...better deal to me. Big grin Plus the MD isn't trying to be anything...it doesn't put on any airs. It's just MD. And it comes in fun colors like blue and green! Big grin Heck, Boone's Farm is probably better than Arbor Mist.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good point. And it's probably cheaper. More booze, less $$...better deal to me. Big grin Plus the MD isn't trying to be anything...it doesn't put on any airs. It's just MD. And it comes in fun colors like blue and green! Big grin Heck, Boone's Farm is probably better than Arbor Mist.
                          Yes, but as the bum wines article that I linked to states: "...beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark." Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MD always gave me terrible gut rot. I think that's why I only had it 2-3 times in my late teens before I said "screw that crap."

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

MD always gave me terrible gut rot.
                              Yeah, that pretty much backs up this part of the bum wines review: "Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain. Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster. Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum..."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of, what is that banana stuff that dentists use? It's nasty, but it does make the novocain injections a bit less excruciating.

~ Sarah Kay