Drinkers with a Running Problem

Hard core drinking runners (Read 306 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

From an e-newsletter for the Healdsburg (CA) HM I'm doing in 2 weeks: "Its OK to wine on course! Quivira Vineyards will be featuring their estate-grown organic honey which can be washed down with their Grenache Rose or Fig Tree Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc at aid station #3 next to the winery at mile 6!" Ain't no way I'm drinking wine at mile 6! Maybe I'm just not at that stage of HTFUppedness. Now, at the wine festival just past the finish line... twist my arm! Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I think wine during the middle of a HM would be rough, too. I could totally drink that at the finish, though! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

On On

I think the runners that partake in mid course beverages are not competing for PR's or trying to win the race. They are more there for the experience and the extra beverages and time to consume them adds to that experience. It reminds me of a beer check in the middle of a hash. Stop take a moment to catch your breath, have a drink then get back out there and run again. If that is what you want out of the HM then I think it is a great addition.

Queen of 3rd Place

Well damn maybe I shouldn't knock it if I haven't tried it...although I think a HM is a bad place for me to experiment. BTW Rick, I found a local HHH group, plan to get out there with 'em next week when they go again. Looks like a good time. Arla

Ex runner

On On

Zoom Zoom also says she is looking into going to a hash sometime after her competitive season is over (I think she just finished). Most hashes I have been to are lots of fun and the people are pleasant to be around. If you do go let me know how it went.

Renee the dog

Putting this HM on my list of races to do....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Top 'O the World!

Hmmmm.....an easier pace + a small taste, "just to say you did it"...... Wink & enjoy more thoroughly @ the end!!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

On On

Well damn maybe I shouldn't knock it if I haven't tried it...although I think a HM is a bad place for me to experiment. BTW Rick, I found a local HHH group, plan to get out there with 'em next week when they go again. Looks like a good time. Arla
                  Did you ever go out to the Hash?

Queen of 3rd Place

So far I've had work-related conflicts that have kept me from going, Angry and yet another work conflict for the next hash which is a bummer because they're insisting on costumes. Arla

Ex runner

On On

So far I've had work-related conflicts that have kept me from going, Angry and yet another work conflict for the next hash which is a bummer because they're insisting on costumes. Arla
                      Just show up for the first one in November in costume. Tell them you were running a little late. You'll fit right in.

Queen of 3rd Place

*snort!*

Ex runner